Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Donations & General Update 08/01/2016

Dear Members & Visitors,

Some will notice that I have implemented some very minor changes.

I have been monitoring these very closely, as I prepare to launch them and push on with the site. I am extremely proud of our community, which these changes will enable PON to move forward - I am also pleased to see the positive response from members. It is my hope to really move this site forward, as I believe we can break further boundaries and firmly support the club.

This said, the site does operate at a cost and this is something I have had to focus on.

Myself & Joe work tirelessly with providing the quality you see throughout the site, as does other supporters who help with various things across the site.

Please consider helping us by making a donation for the running cost - I know this may come across as a little like begging, yet the support would be worthwhile and I assure you I appreciate each and everyone. I am already pleased by the response so far, as it's very kind to see.

Regards,
Notts-Joe & Cheeky~K8.

You can pledge your support by visiting the Pride of Nottingham donation page - Here.

• Like 2

Thank you Liam, I appreciate your support bud.

I'd also like to extend mine and PON's thanks to @upthepies and @Elite_pie. It's a pleasant surprise, as I hadn't realised until now. I have been out playing football, as I'm trying to strengthen my knees up by getting fit and noticed a message from PayPal.

Thank you all. Onwards & Upwards!!

1 hour ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

You got a payment method that aint paypal mate? I have a long-standing issue with paypal, and can't access my account, or pay for stuff using my credit card. 

Are you able to use the debt/credit card side of PayPal?

It's setup so you aren't forced to send the funds from the PayPal account (you can do) but there's the option of using your card(s) to process the donation. There's two other methods but those are more suitable for higher end receiving, as they charge an higher percentage and that puts me off - as people will be donating to us, yet those companies would be taking a fair portion of it.

All certainly look into other methods a way from them.

5 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Are you able to use the debt/credit card side of PayPal?

It's setup so you aren't forced to send the funds from the PayPal account (you can do) but there's the option of using your card(s) to process the donation. There's two other methods but those are more suitable for higher end receiving, as they charge an higher percentage and that puts me off - as people will be donating to us, yet those companies would be taking a fair portion of it.

All certainly look into other methods a way from them.

Nope, as my credit card is associated with the account that I can't access... so it won't even process that .

Okay, no worries.

Looking further into it, I can use the follow two options (which I've never used) - Payza (Alert Pay) and Skrill. Are these any good for you? Not sure which would be considered popular either. :P

12 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

Okay, no worries.

Looking further into it, I can use the follow two options (which I've never used) - Payza (Alert Pay) and Skrill. Are these any good for you? Not sure which would be considered popular either. :P

Never used them either, but gather they would work. I've used Nochex before..

Do you accept Pesos....I was clearing out the office here in the Hacienda, and found a right stash of money....not sure what to do with it all?

• Like 1

As of today, we have reached 50% of the target.

I would like to thank those who have donated, thank you for making a difference and for your help with the sites costs - for those considering to make the step, some exciting things are in the pipeline and all support greatly helps.

That's good to hear joe.  Those who take the time and trouble to run this site obviously put a lot of hard work into giving us more lazy types a platform to air our views.  Hopefully the cloud that has happened elsewhere will provide a silver lining for this place!

• Like 5

It is a good site, obviously a lot of work has gone into it and nothing comes for free.

It might be an idea to actually state what the running costs are (if it's elsewhere, sorry I've missed it!) so that members know what the target is and what it includes?

• Like 2

Thank you for your comment.

There is already an amount set to raise, which the target covers various up-keeping costs. PON has remind a free site for a few years since it's creation, supported by me and my father. The site is still free, we do not charge but simply ask people who value what we do to consider supporting the site by making a donation. In return members gain extra benefits, however the finer details I am still working towards.

Thankfully those who have made donations to date have done so without wanting anything in return, which is a very kind gesture.

Something which I am very keen to bring further return for.

• Like 2

Ah, ok. Just thinking setting a specific target gives folk a better understanding of whats involved cost wise and it's transparent. Thanks anyway

Joe I will continue to help you however I can, I know you will do what is best for PON and the community you represent.

Keep promoting Notts to the best of your ability lad.

• Like 3

Always happy to help out when I can this is a great site and worth every bit of help. 50% to go is great stuff just shows how much the fans love this site. 

I need to sort something out, relegation has ruined the raffle and to be honest - I wonder if the prizes could be better.

I don't know, it's important to crowd source the site fees.

Perhaps the standards haven't been met by me, I haven't really been in the right frame of mind in terms of being driven but all this is being sorted. Perhaps another donation drive could help, if fans feel they could throw a few quid and help. I know there's people out there who care, I just need to ensure PON is met by that standard of expectation. I'm starting to get back into the swing of things, though the sites almost like a full time job and I treat it with the utmost respect that I can give.

Sign in to follow this