Match Discussion: Game 26 - The Wombles (H)

Dripsey3

2 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

Another point which I missed, how come we did not identify their number 9 when he was available? A class above Izzy and a free transfer, I may believe. 

The thing with Izale Mcloed is that he has always been a player who needs balls into his feet not aimless hoofball.

Yet again yet another show of JF meticulous detail he has gone into....

27 minutes ago, Northants Pie said:

Don't forget though, we both have it all wrong.

It only matters what complete tripe you can speak in an interview.

Apparently this clown is in the same coaching bracket as Brendan Rogers and Sean Dyche....

Need we or anyone say any more?

I'm no expert but if iv gone for a job an done a cracking interview they look at my cv an say u did a great interview but sorry you don't have the necessary expierence required 

14 minutes ago, Northants Pie said:

The thing with Izale Mcloed is that he has always been a player who needs balls into his feet not aimless hoofball.

Yet again yet another show of JF meticulous detail he has gone into....

Tom Elliot a class above McLeod ? he's SH**  ? he's been crap all his career he's been at non league level and he was up against Hewitt I'd look good against Hewitt an holis  

izale McLeod will go somewhere decent next year and bag 15-16 goals.

the difference is Elliot is a hoof all player IE the non league type player that's his game izale is a clear player who gets in behind not oh let's hit a ball into space to izale 

4 minutes ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

Tom Elliot a class above McLeod ? he's SH**  ? he's been crap all his career he's been at non league level and he was up against Hewitt I'd look good against Hewitt an holis  

izale McLeod will go somewhere decent next year and bag 15-16 goals.

the difference is Elliot is a hoof all player IE the non league type player that's his game izale is a clear player who gets in behind not oh let's hit a ball into space to izale 

Not quite sure where I said that Elliot is a better player than McLoed???

2 hours ago, NewNottsFan said:

Funny .. On my first post I was his dad ?

all I'm saying is that it's two games .. Surely the Notts fans are OK for more than 14 days for a new manager ? 

The reaction to this appointment from Notts fans was probably the most negative I can remember. Even Curle and builder Thompson received better reactions this Fullarton has. The initial reaction had very little to do with Jamie himself, apart from his inexperience. It all stemmed from Ray Trew's ridiculous hiring and firing policy, pretty much all Notts fans are sick to the back teeth of Ray's constant ineptitude in this department.

So you can imagine that to win Notts fans over, he is going to have to start well with A: Results and B: Entertainment.

Jamie Fullarton won't be given any time at all to impress. Most fans made up their minds before a ball was kicked, and since said ball has been kicked, it's only re-enforced their opinions. 

I had enough of the Trews when they sacked Derry. I was re-motivated to 'the cause' when they hired Moniz and thought he would be given time. Foolish, I know. Now we appoint a complete apprentice who hasn't even got to first team coach level, all based on a good interview. It's a complete piss-take and the sooner the Trews sell up and leave, the better. They can take Jamie Fullarton with him and appoint him CEO of whatever business they run. 

okay I've messed up with some of my quotes but let's say whoever on here wrote there no9 is better then McLeod is wrong.

Elliot was there no9 and he's crap he's a non league striker a big lump and hoofball player at best izale is a potent striker who you have to give the correct service to.

okay Elliot scored one good goal that don't make him a class act he came up against a weak back four of makeshift defence.

Now my second quote ie was about Fullarton and his ability to get the job if everyone applied for a job doesn't matter about you're interview how well you come across what matters is you're expierence at a level of you're profession 

One thing that is coming shining out the club at the moment is that they want all the non-british players gone immediately.

We are all wrong again when we thought Stanley Aborah was a complete class above, Scot Bennett is quite clearly better than him in every department.

Utter w4nk, complete utter w4nk

• Like 1

Just now, Northants Pie said:

One thing that is coming shining out the club at the moment is that they want all the non-british players gone immediately.

We are all wrong again when we thought Stanley Aborah was a complete class above, Scot Bennett is quite clearly better than him in every department.

Utter w4nk, complete utter w4nk

I'm sure Bennett was hiding in the middle and avoiding the ball coming to him at all cost 

9 minutes ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

I'm sure Bennett was hiding in the middle and avoiding the ball coming to him at all cost 

Much much MUCH better than Aborah or Noble though, we are just clearly delusional and know nothing about the game.

I wonder what Mark Cooper must be thinking, well after he has stopped laughing that is

Edited by Northants Pie
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

Now my second quote ie was about Fullarton and his ability to get the job if everyone applied for a job doesn't matter about you're interview how well you come across what matters is you're expierence at a level of you're profession 

The only exceptions to this is when you know it will be evolution not boll0cks revolution again

11 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 well given the choice, Elliot for nothing offers better value than 100k+ Izzy. I am sorry that you interpret the game differently today

okay then let's say Elliot is better as you think let's put izale in a squad that actually pass the ball an create chances how many people would snap up McLeod over Elliot ?

Gaurentee you McLeod would bury goals in any top 6 side that play decent football you don't score 21 goals for a Crawley team that gets relegated if you're not better then a non league Elliot who swings his elbows about but that's you're view end of day so fair enough 

3 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 My argument goes beyond Elliot too, Roofe for Oxford was a free transfer from WBA. Why didn't we persuade him to come to Notts. I thought Izzy was much better today but he failed to convert a good chance. Elliot buried his. I rest my case, your honour

I can gaurentee you right now McLeod will go somewhere next year bang 16+ goals an everyone will be like oh he never did that hear the blokes record speaks.

Every club he's been at he as banged goals in why cause people play to his strenghs holding a ball into orbit isn't his strengh Lionel Messi and Ronaldo would of struggled for service today.

As for roofe I live in the midlands and he was regarded highly rated by west brom and they let him go becuase they have better talent when they bring thro kids also Walsall snap most of em up fast as they know this an they have a decent scouts were as we have guy branston.

it wasn't a clear chance tho was it he created it himself by his own work no one gave him a service or outlet and it was on his weak left foot.

elliots was a flick down had time an space and caught it well that's the difference and better service we do need to scout teams like west brom tho and others as they release 80% of there kids 

18 minutes ago, Northants Pie said:

Is some of that down to the fact that Niel Eardley plays to his sides strengths??

it's down to the fact he understands his side are not blessed with great passing ability but realises his side will bully other teams in air and have joy so yes.

But us lumping a ball up to McLeod and stead is playing to there strenghs and puttin more pressure back on us so it's like stupid 

Wimbledon played very well, as a unit they was tight and they attack us with purpose. If they had a bit more quality, I think they would be one of the best teams in this division - it was a joy watching them (however frustrating it was too).

Notts totally underestimated them, weak and naive play but the defending wasn't acceptable.

Playing Adams on the wing was a mistake, I have said in the past (along with others) this should be tried but he was very poor. Offered nothing at all, yet still frustrates by losing the ball - whilst bumbling around. Hewitt was also very poor, he left us wide open - as did Bennett in midfield.

Our attacks was limited, our towards had no chance.

Murray and Noble should have started. McLeod looked uninterested all game, yes he had poor to limited service but he was disappointing, at least Stead tried.

Very disappointed!

I don't blame Fullerton so much, he got it wrong and I accept that. Despite thinking he waited too long to make changes but today highlighted the work required.

I'm not going to get onto him though, sorting the squad out would help. Hopefully he will and we'll be stronger for it.