Match Discussion: Game 26 - The Wombles (H)

Dripsey3

3 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

but @Modern Fan 1862 👍, we do scout West Brom, we got Atkinson, Oxford got Roofe, go figure. 

we looked at a defender they looked at a attacker ? 

We decided to buy a 32 Jon stead who has never scored 13 goals a season 

they decided to get a roofe who was highly regarded by west brom in his early 20s 

we paid for McLeod who has got goals over his career the difference is simple moniz brought in these strikers he had zero knowledge of players in England.

im not bein funny but roofe is good yea but it's still a risk even if we had roofe we'd still find a way to make him look crap we could have messi and he'd struggle for 15 goals a season.

Why don't we ever look at ilkestons youngsters either che Adams that lad who's just gone to derby right on our doorstep why not scout close to home why not scout likes of wolves Albion villa.

Not every free transfer is going to turn out to be a master stroke Coombes loads of goals at Chelsea came here highly rated turned out to be crap 

7 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Very strange line-up:
10562596_10153464063257983_8997041970320

Where's Aborah? Swerts? Snijders? He's done away with all Moniz signings pretty much. 

The experienced former Belgium international Swerts and the attacking pacey Snijders were playing 'left back' in the stands, there role today was to meet and greet in the hospitality suite. 

Today seemed like a replay of the Mansfield game, watching Notts being bullied and out fought. Early on it was clear Wimbledon were going to use elbows, wrestle and knock aside Notts players to win headers. The ref could have given any number of fouls, but didn't. So maybe Notts should then have done the same rather than always seeming to be second to the loose ball or to a header. Milsom and Thompson tried but they were fighting a losing battle.

Why no Valencic in the starting 11? The guy will have been full of confidence because of last week, and yet Adams gets the nod!

Usually I stay to the final whistle but today I bailed out before it even got to 90 minutes.

Fingers crossed it can only get better! Can't it?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Wimbledon played very well, as a unit they was tight and they attack us with purpose. If they had a bit more quality, I think they would be one of the best teams in this division - it was a joy watching them (however frustrating it was too).

Notts totally underestimated them, weak and naive play but the defending wasn't acceptable.

Playing Adams on the wing was a mistake, I have said in the past (along with others) this should be tried but he was very poor. Offered nothing at all, yet still frustrates by losing the ball - whilst bumbling around. Hewitt was also very poor, he left us wide open - as did Bennett in midfield.

Our attacks was limited, our towards had no chance.

Murray and Noble should have started. McLeod looked uninterested all game, yes he had poor to limited service but he was disappointing, at least Stead tried.

Very disappointed!

I don't blame Fullerton so much, he got it wrong and I accept that. Despite thinking he waited too long to make changes but today highlighted the work required.

I'm not going to get onto him though, sorting the squad out would help. Hopefully he will and we'll be stronger for it.

Whilst I admire your strength to not "have a go" at Fullarton for the last two shambles, sorry performances, surely you must be like he rest of us dumbfounded at his downright stupid team selections and even worse hoofball tactics?

Not a good day yesterday huh?

I watched the BET365 graphics, wave after wave of Womble attacks....I thought the screen was broken in the first half and had to check BBC for the actual stats!!

I had backed Under 2.5 goals pre-match, so made a few Pesos but having read all the comments on the match thread, I can understand why some might want to "hide out" in Narco-land!

I honestly hope that JF can figure out a better game plan, than trying to get 9 men behind the ball?......if he doesn't, then fans will disappear fast, and the season will fizzle out like a damp squib.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, tarquinbeech said:

Not a good day yesterday huh?

I watched the BET365 graphics, wave after wave of Womble attacks....I thought the screen was broken in the first half and had to check BBC for the actual stats!!

I had backed Under 2.5 goals pre-match, so made a few Pesos but having read all the comments on the match thread, I can understand why some might want to "hide out" in Narco-land!

I honestly hope that JF can figure out a better game plan, than trying to get 9 men behind the ball?......if he doesn't, then fans will disappear fast, and the season will fizzle out like a damp squib.

What's that noise in the background?

Oh yes it's  sort of sizzling sound.

Time to go for food. Anyone for a squid?

At the moment I see no reason to spend a Saturday afternoon attending the lane. Season ticket or not, you've still got to make a decision based on pure facts.

The fact being we were s!#t. We still are. We have a manager that has never ...Well...managed before and his tactical (or lack of) knowledge will show through.

Oh well. At least he can do a good PowerPoint hey?

1 minute ago, hissingdwarf said:

What's that noise in the background?

Oh yes it's  sort of sizzling sound.

Time to go for food. Anyone for a squid?

At the moment I see no reason to spend a Saturday afternoon attending the lane. Season ticket or not, you've still got to make a decision based on pure facts.

The fact being we were s!#t. We still are. We have a manager that has never ...Well...managed before and his tactical (or lack of) knowledge will show through.

Oh well. At least he can do a good PowerPoint hey?

Damp squib = wet firework that fizzles out. No bang, no boom, nada, nothing.

Damp squid = fish-out-of-water, highly likely to die, probably a bit stinky.

Either phrase could sum up yesterdays game??

• Like 3

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-0-AFC-Wimbledon-2-Player-ratings/story-28594338-detail/story.html

Elite has already posted elsewhere... I would respect a reporter to at least be objective. If that was a 6/10 performance especially for the likes of Bennett, well I am a Tarkers like damp squib / squid. 

Amending Jimmy's famous words...The best team always win, the rest is just a Powerpoint presentation (only gossip)

Bennett got a 6/10 for what avoiding the ball all game and hiding Jesus Christ do these journalists watch the same game or was he at the one with Fullarton.

Cause according to fail margin we was in the ascendency until they score no we wasn't and if Adams scores the game changes no it doesn't.

We played defense for 90 mins had one midfielder wingers no point as we just hoof it or play a left back on the wing.

Its moniz all over but zero experience players out of postions thinking we was in charge when we was never also what's this obssssion that Hewitt is a centre back?

I don't rate him at right back as he gets caught out far to easy stead is 6ft3 an has the strengh of a packet of crisps wind blows him over.

So we play hoof ball an he thinks hmm I need a change let's take of McLeod who won more balls then stead all game off his chest or head an let's bring on Murray who's 5ft6 Max.

But yet we have a 6ft2 target man who's first touch is better then most you'd see in the championship and is physical an strong but na lets bring on the small man an hoof it up to him.

I can't wait for the plan at Luton alrite lads 8 at the back 2in the middle 1 up top an hoof it