Match Discussion: Game 27 - The Hatters (A)

Dripsey3

Supporter+

JF's Neanderthal tactics seem to work away from home. Now all he has to do is figure out how to win at home. Whether he has the know how to achieve this is another question.

1 minute ago, Dripsey3 said:

JF's Neanderthal tactics seem to work away from home. Now all he has to do is figure out how to win at home. Whether he has the know how to achieve this is another question.

neanderthal? really ? two wins , two clean sheets away from home and you can't even give any credit but call it neanderthal? 

one bad performance from the team in his SECOND game and the bandwagon rolls ? surely you aren't that bitter? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

Tremendous away performance, the best I have seen in a long time, the defence was solid and gave their all, what a clearance by Hollis! Two well worked goals and brilliant vocal support with some very funny chants, all in all a great day, Coyp

• Like 5

Another win buys JF more time. I opposed his appointment and still do, but 6 points from 3 games is an acceptable ratio. Now please entertain me at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JF has time to start with, it would be a long shot for anything this season to result in him going - I really think we should be more open minded and support him the best that we can.

It sounds like a great performance.

I had the first goal coming through as an alert on my phone, followed by messages from the social pages and my own. I'm pleased, I hope it continues and I look forward to the highlights.

• Like 3

I was very pleased when I heard the result today, I am however worried about the situation regarding stanley, the post reported that he injured his knee in training? And if it is his attitude he really needs a kick up the bottom, we got him out of the mess he was in, alright RM is gone but he should still be one of the first names on the team sheet!

Did anyone go to the match? Would be interesting to hear how we played and who played well ect

It was a great team performance, solid and everybody worked their socks off , Hollis and Hewitt were superb at centre back, getting some great blocks in, great goal from Stead, but Izale missed two great chances, Stanley was on the bench, Smith did well when he came on for Bemnett,just hope we can get the home form going.

• Like 5

Supporter+
5 hours ago, NewNottsFan said:

neanderthal? really ? two wins , two clean sheets away from home and you can't even give any credit but call it neanderthal? 

one bad performance from the team in his SECOND game and the bandwagon rolls ? surely you aren't that bitter? 

9 points from the next 3 games is more than achievable and that's what I expect. The real tests come after that. Your cheerleading of JF is admirable, I wonder if you have some sort of personal connection which naturally would make you biased in your opinions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dripsey3 said:

9 points from the next 3 games is more than achievable and that's what I expect. The real tests come after that. Your cheerleading of JF is admirable, I wonder if you have some sort of personal connection which naturally would make you biased in your opinions.

WTF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dripsey3 said:

I noticed you didn't answer my question about whether you were at the game?

Since starting on this forum I have been his wife and his dad....and now just 'personally connected'

So I'm biased? lets look at the facts then?

No win away from home since the first day? Notts now have two in a row with two clean sheets

Biq squad and already players are being shipped out to trim the playing staff

Its ironic as you think I'm biased and yet your bias clings on to the wimbledon game which , admittedly was poor, but it was his second game in charge? i.e. probably trained with the players for 8 days in total??

The bottom line is that you appear hugely negative even when,  even after a win today, you still talk about 'neanderthal' tactics and yet people who went to the game tell a very different story? why is that?  and yet I'm biased??

and to top it off...despite being a beacon of negativity... you 'expect' 9 points from the next three games? brilliant.

I'll keep trying to be positive/his dad/his wife/personally connected.....you stick to lazy insults and unhelpful comments eh?

and for the record ...I don't do cheerleading .....I just dont see the point in running your own club down...go and look at Luton's forums or Facebook page tonight...see how their fans react to a guy in the job for three games who just lost at home .and the fact they aren't burning him at the stake.....it might enlighten you 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

Given that line up i'm now changing my prediction to 7-0 win for Luton, we will only be watching the ball drop from the clouds again as we are playing 7 at the back again.

@erindoorsWhy oh why can't we have evolution rather than constant revolution every three months when we change our managers?

Hi Northantspie. We neither change managers every 3 months, nor do we change tack with our aims. Sometimes, circumstances take things off course and sometimes we simply get it wrong.

We have concentrated on improving our Academy and the route through for youngsters for a few years now, recently enabling us to push advancement to meet our aims by introducing the u21's in the Final 3rd Development League. Its important for our club and our local community. Jamie's working well the the club and has implemented more structure and discipline on that side. Young players are getting their chances. Its all an evolution.

Your prediction was pants ;-)  A good 2-0 win. On the road. No big gaps between our strikers and the midfield. Partnerships between players developing. And,despite the negativity on social media, which would have some believe there's some mass revolt out there, the supporters were absolutely great today. They backed their lads, cheered them on, sang their hearts out. To anyone on here who was able to attend, thanks for that support, it really is appreciated. COYP

• Like 2

^^ Haha..

I think it's safe to say we are pleasantly surprised, today has been a good day for football! I think it shows we miss Noble, though I'm pleased mostly by the fact that it gives us a chance to really overcome our away form. If Jamie can get it at home, as I have heard glowing reports from all I've asked - I think the dust which came from nerves will settle.

Please, let's not wait another million years for our next win!! ;)

Sorry @DangerousSausage - Don't warn me. :P

• Like 3

3 hours ago, erindoors said:

Hi Northantspie. We neither change managers every 3 months, nor do we change tack with our aims. Sometimes, circumstances take things off course and sometimes we simply get it wrong.

I think we all know that NP used exaggeration and humour to deliver his point. The point however is still valid - we sack managers at an alarming rate. Nit-picking over whether the average is 3 months or 6 months 3 days and 10 minutes is irrelevant. 

We also do change 'philosophies' depending on (I assume) your moods. Liverpool boot room, promoting from within, attacking football, defensive football, self-sustainability etc.... 

If you can't see either of these 2 things then we're in a bigger mess than I thought, better pray to god that JF is some-kind of messiah. 

• Like 2

Supporter+
7 hours ago, NewNottsFan said:

I noticed you didn't answer my question about whether you were at the game?

Since starting on this forum I have been his wife and his dad....and now just 'personally connected'

So I'm biased? lets look at the facts then?

No win away from home since the first day? Notts now have two in a row with two clean sheets

Biq squad and already players are being shipped out to trim the playing staff

Its ironic as you think I'm biased and yet your bias clings on to the wimbledon game which , admittedly was poor, but it was his second game in charge? i.e. probably trained with the players for 8 days in total??

The bottom line is that you appear hugely negative even when,  even after a win today, you still talk about 'neanderthal' tactics and yet people who went to the game tell a very different story? why is that?  and yet I'm biased??

and to top it off...despite being a beacon of negativity... you 'expect' 9 points from the next three games? brilliant.

I'll keep trying to be positive/his dad/his wife/personally connected.....you stick to lazy insults and unhelpful comments eh?

and for the record ...I don't do cheerleading .....I just dont see the point in running your own club down...go and look at Luton's forums or Facebook page tonight...see how their fans react to a guy in the job for three games who just lost at home .and the fact they aren't burning him at the stake.....it might enlighten you 

There's a simple reason why Luton fans are mostly happy. They are making progress under a highly rated, well respected manager. Their season has mirrored Notts when you think about it. Favourites for promotion, languishing below mid table, sacked their manager, appointed a relatively unknown manager. The game could have gone either yesterday.

I said after the Wimbledon game that JF wasn't to blame, yes his tactics were awful, but he didn't appoint himself. I think the job is too big for him but time will tell.

Hartlepool at home next week is about as easy a fixture you can get at the moment. York away after that, should be another 3 points if the last 2 away games are anything to go by and then Hartlepool away, could be another 3 points. 7 out of 9 would make a statement.

Lastly, I think Tony Hateley might be right, a break from all things Notts might be a good idea. Maybe leave it to the newbies like yourself. I was going to Barnet away (I live in Ireland) but I changed that to Barnet vs Yeovil yesterday. Better for my blood pressure. Time to start enjoying football again.

Sorry, last thing, I meant no offence asking if you knew JF personally. I didn't realize that this had been asked before. I don't insult members on here, I'm confident any random member will confirm that.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@NewNottsFan "unless he's not putting a shift in"...well, if you saw Bennett last week, that wasn't a shift in my book. if Jamie has a Derry or Paul Hart mindset, then his appointment is a big mistake. It is important for Jamie to take the crowd with him in support, ..so we look for success today

No problem at all , was a touch frustrated last night ...and personally I don't think either of you need a break .. It just seems circumstances have got folk focussing on all things negative and I get that. I just think it'll be easier for the players and staff to kick on if the mood music improves around them 

Hey , if it all goes pear shaped you can slaughter me .. But I think this great club is slowly .. Slowly moving in the right direction. I work weekends but will be at the game on 5th March and happy to buy you a pint 😀

Edited by NewNottsFan
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@NewNottsFan Maybe you have misread me. Certainly I do not class myself in the "negative" mode, far from it. I was just pointing out some contradiction between perceptions about Bennett and Stanley. Looking forward to the next game with renewed hope.

Not at all, The aborah one is strange but I s'pose those behind the scenes know the reasons for his omission?

The players are always going to be positive about the manager publicly I guess, but nevertheless, I thought Alan Smith spoke very well after the game.

To be fair to @Dripsey3 , the next three games are winnable which makes yesterdays result even more positive after Wimbledon.

The thing is , teams occasionally play badly, it happens...all teams... regardless of size or manager...I just hope that last week can be classed as that and the team can move forward 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, erindoors said:

how time flies.

Careful, I've got modding powers now :devil:

Seriously thougjh, I didn't see that result coming at all, but I'm delighted about it. I've seen too many false dawns to start hailing JF as the new messiah - I remember Gary Brazil's three wins at the start of his reign of terror. But I hope I can enjoy a delicious slice of humble pie over the coming months.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

I think we all know that NP used exaggeration and humour to deliver his point. The point however is still valid - we sack managers at an alarming rate. Nit-picking over whether the average is 3 months or 6 months 3 days and 10 minutes is irrelevant. 

We also do change 'philosophies' depending on (I assume) your moods. Liverpool boot room, promoting from within, attacking football, defensive football, self-sustainability etc.... 

If you can't see either of these 2 things then we're in a bigger mess than I thought, better pray to god that JF is some-kind of messiah. 

Well, I understand what you're thinking, and I do understand that NP used exaggeration...or an extreme to put his point across, if you like. I thought you would understand that my point was that dramatising any fact distorts perception. Perhaps if I had used an emoticon of pulling my hair out rather than a measured response it may have helped....

We don't change philosophies, though. There is still a belief that a success is fostered through club loyalty, believe it of not. We like to enable people develop in their roles. We put store in our Academy.. and staff who perform well in any area are encouraged to stay with us

Attacking football is important and we all enjoy it but it has to be understood that its not at any cost. So sometimes there has to be change and a going back to basics and working on defensive structures has to happen. That's not about changing philosophies at all, that's about adjustments being made to achieve our goals.

The aim of sustainability has never altered. Why would it? Failing to achieve that harms everyone. Its also why Salary Cost Management Protocol was put it place.

• Like 2