Takeover news... update!

cheeky~k8

Heres some news about the takeover, anyone have any views on this?.......

The Football League issued a statement on Monday saying that discussions with the League Two side regarding their ownership structure were ongoing.

But County say they expect a statement of satisfaction with the takeover to by released by the League on Tuesday.

A Football League spokesman said: "We have received Fit and Proper Persons documentation. Discussions are ongoing with regard to the club's ownership structure."

"We're putting significant funding into a League Two club, which has not happened before and because of that we have to go through perhaps more hoops than any other football club would do."

The Magpies have barely been out of the news since Middle East consortium Munto Finance bought the club during the summer and installed former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson as director of football.

click here for the full story.......

• 2 weeks later...

We'll hear soon enough.

I'm hoping it'll be approved as quickly as possible, though I think the football league aren't playing fair ball and are acting upon us in an unfair manor. Ken Bates said something about having "unknown" backers at leeds united and what's happening with them? They're just making it worse for the fans of football because they could come forward and say what they want to know, have it shown and report their findings.

Simple!

~Joe

Hopefully the players will play better now ... I've been wondering if the team hasn't been playing all that well lately because of all this stuff with the FA! Now all we need is all this rubbish with Sven calming down, and a new manager!!! So I'm looking forward to a return to the quality games

Archived