Does the sale reveal more about Ray?

BromPie

The takeover seemed to be a never ending story, where leads stopped dead in their tracks but there was no lack of rumours.

More believable rumours had emerged regarding the club's future.

I can only think we was heading for admin and possible further uncertainty but this has been avoided.

I ask you does this situation reveal more about Ray?

I think its very likely that Notts was heading towards admin, it would explain the media interest from the national press - despite them being told its a non story. I think that probably added pressure and the timing was right for Alan Hardy.

Nobody wants to cut a loss or lose their investment but it was the only smart decision.

If worse happened to Notts, it would have been a nightmare for everyone involved and I want to focus now on the future (not the past). Where Ray went wrong or what his decisions say about him is only for him to worry about now.

Supporter+

I think Mr. Trew did what he felt was right for the club, I don't think the failings can be put down to neglect or disinterest, but there were failings nonetheless. I wish Mr Trew and Mrs Trew all the best for the future. Less stress in their lives now. 

Luckily it's all water under the bridge now (or will be once the deal is finalised).

However, according to one of the rumours we were supposed to go into administration today - but the deal to take over the club was announced on the very same day. I wonder if today was some sort of cut-off date.

i think it shows how people who like attention and power hold onto things, all the silly tweets and false promises. then blaming everyone but failing to admit his own flaws this says a lot. im personally glad hes gone.

his interest was never the same as the fans imo.

5 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

Less stress in their lives now. 

you would think and hope so, good luck to them but theres a reason it failed.

30 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

Luckily it's all water under the bridge now (or will be once the deal is finalised).

However, according to one of the rumours we were supposed to go into administration today - but the deal to take over the club was announced on the very same day. I wonder if today was some sort of cut-off date.

I wonder if this is the real reason why the club hadn't paid off the HMRC winding-up order for debts owed.

That said, I am a little worried how bad the debts could be but I hope Hardy doesn't have a Munto type situation where the books don't reveal all the issues. For the reason of speculation, there is a concern as to why the UK hedge fund and others wasn't keen on proceeding (despite me thinking much of the rumours was made up).

To us, the details of how this takeover has come about is nothing but guesswork and conjecture.  In reality that's unimportant, what matters is that while it hasn't gone through yet, it's been agreed in principle.  Now the uncertainty is over, lets hope everyone connected with the club (owner, staff, manager, players and supporters) can pull in the same direction.  We really shouldn't be where we are, lets hope we can look back on this as the start of an upwards curve.

Guest gtownjohnno

Ive just seen Sky Sports latest update......due diligence still to be completed on the accounts....hope it goes well...cupboards and skeletons spring to mind!!!!!..

On 19/12/2016 at 20:07, Fozzy said:

Bearing in mind that Alan Hardy made an offer last season, in hindsight Ray should have took it and saved himself a few quid and a lot of aggravation. Sometimes its worth getting rid quick.

It was a good offer even then, I think it highlights how much Alan Hardy wanted Notts - nobody else seemed interested enough to move forward with any offer and I do doubt the authenticity of some of the reportedly interested parties.

Mind plenty of fans felt the takeover was nothing more than a game of poker.

Yet I just hope we can move forward and be better for this, we have the chance to slowly build and learn from a lot of past mistakes. The Trew era will a major part of that, it's an example that you have to base every decision on the club - not obtaining brownie points, attention or to solely please others.

Guest gtownjohnno
On 19/12/2016 at 19:24, gtownjohnno said:

Ive just seen Sky Sports latest update......due diligence still to be completed on the accounts....hope it goes well...cupboards and skeletons spring to mind!!!!!..

Its started......lets hope everything comes to a successful conclusion....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gtownjohnno
On 19/12/2016 at 19:24, gtownjohnno said:

It just had to happen....heres hoping for a happy ending!!!!

On 19/12/2016 at 17:52, ohstanleyaborah said:

I think he's mugged himself off a bit, he could have accepted Hardys higher offer weeks ago but has waited till we were on the brink of admin and took the lower offer

how long will the hmrc be held off, have we not passed this period again? it seems ray has backed hardy into more unfair corners.

Archived