Are you worried about relegation?

Chris

Just a short time ago, the focus of most peoples worries seemed to be 'admin'. There's still no certain answer about this, however it seems more and more likely because of Alan Hardy protecting his investment (the same way Ray did by exchanging contracts). Can Alan now have the keys please? ;)

However, things are very much on the downer around Meadow Lane. We have parted ways with John Sheridan and there's a bleak list of candidates who may possibly replace him.

l2bottom.png

Personally I think Hartlepool and Morecambe are safe.

Accrington Stanley appear to be turnings things around, along with Newport County now picking up points (typical for us right?).

Cheltenham Town look dire but you can place any bets on the safety due to a single point. There more pressure, uncertainty and lack of stability the more we may struggle. Throw any inexperienced manager into the mix (no digs to Alan Smith) but it's looking even more bleak. The positives are the fact the clubs getting major renovations with the takeover, we may get a manager who can save the club and he may be backed with staff of his choosing (who can offer him proper support) - rather than leaving him off the grid or landlocked with someone who doesn't want to work with him.

Our form is also the worst out of the bottom three.

I was worried about this last season, I expected this to happen because of the direction the club was seemingly being lead towards. You can't fix cracks so easily when it requires real work.

Are you worried? I am.

only hope i have is that hardy can get the right manager in and slowly change the clubs fortunes.

if we do go down, we all know this is because of the last era rather than the current one set to begin. i just hope we can start picking up draws instead of losing all the time!

6 minutes ago, 4everapie said:

Simple really I'll shout it WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN there I've said it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Keep shouting! We all might be able to believe its possible to survive the drop.

For Hardy's investment we must survive, so I reckon he will put the fight back into the club. If he does we may stand a chance.

I'm confident this situation can be turned around.  It's a worry for sure and  much hard work needs to be done , but for me the negatives of shall we just say the last 2 years can be quickly changed by the positivity of the new owner , the recruitment of a good manager , the transfer window , and still a little under half a season left , many reasons to feel more positive about firstly safety and then the future , I'm with @4everapie  

2 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Accrington Stanley appear to be turnings things around, along with Newport County now picking up points (typical for us right?).

What points are Newport now picking up - they've lost their last 7 games!  Newport, Cheltenham, Accy, Morecambe and Hartlepool seem to me to be our 'rivals' for a relegation place.  I just hope that any two of them are worse than we are, but I can't say I'm particularly confident.

I must admit that I'm really worried, especially with the new transfer window system as it has not given us very much time to fix the biggest issue, which is the back four. Fix that and we are good enough in the other departments to stay up. Don't fix it and we're doomed.

If we get relegated, doesn't that mean Meadow Lane gets taken off us by the council? Can you imagine having to groundshare with Hucknall Town or something (or god forbid, Mansfield or Forest)? Can't imagine the club going back up for a long, long time, and it would effectively set us back a generation, because no way in hell will Nottinghamshire kids opt to support Notts County when they have Forest and Mansfield in the league. In fact, even kids from Notts families would be very much entitled to reject supporting a non-league club that has provided nothing but misery for the last X years.

33 minutes ago, Joe Jones said:

If we get relegated, doesn't that mean Meadow Lane gets taken off us by the council? Can you imagine having to groundshare with Hucknall Town or something (or god forbid, Mansfield or Forest)? Can't imagine the club going back up for a long, long time, and it would effectively set us back a generation, because no way in hell will Nottinghamshire kids opt to support Notts County when they have Forest and Mansfield in the league. In fact, even kids from Notts families would be very much entitled to reject supporting a non-league club that has provided nothing but misery for the last X years.

I'm pretty certain we only lose our right to play at Meadow Lane in the event of relegation from the Conference, and even in that event it would be a very brave call by the council to throw us out. You're bang on with the rest though.

19 hours ago, Fozzy said:

I must admit that I'm really worried, especially with the new transfer window system as it has not given us very much time to fix the biggest issue, which is the back four. Fix that and we are good enough in the other departments to stay up. Don't fix it and we're doomed.

Relegation would lead to more things being required to be fixed.

I'm not sure why the ground is mentioned as the only concern, the fan base would suffer. If the attendances continue to drop it will lead to further limits, so the only real answer to our potential problems is surviving the drop. Yes the club would live long past any relegation matters, yet we may be there for some time and like Mansfield I'd rather not think of this.

@Fozzy its the nail on the head with his comment (as quoted).

It all hinges on this next decision. Mark Robins for me, kept Rotherham in League 1 with a 17pt deduction, joined Barnsley bottom of the Championship finishing 18th, did well at Coventry then had a bit of a blip at Huddersfield, then steered Scunthorpe clear in our own relegation season. 

Got the CV for this battle. 

Survival starts from forming some sort of 'patch up' squad, there's a way we can get the quality but getting them to agree to join us is another question.

God the next manager needs to know what he's exactly doing, some should probably be more reserved on judging Alan Hardy also - we need to bypass all this. I have noticed comments about Alan Smith being the next Jamie Fullarton (after the first goal today). Absolute joke!

We are doomed from here on unless there are dramatic changes all every department at the club.

In all my years of supporting Notts have I ever witnessed a squad of players so inept of the very basics any professional should have, they do not have the morale or confidence to actually focus on playing football. Its very grim.

Yesterday was just shocking.

We need at least 20 points to stay up, bare minimum (and even then we'd be very lucky). That's six wins and two draws, or five wins and five draws. To reach 50 points we need seven wins minimum plus some draws. At the moment I don't know where they're coming from. I hope the new manager has the desired effect.

Archived