Match Discussion: Game 26 - The Stags (H)

PON_News

Game 26 - The Stags (H)

Team: Mansfield Town

Date: 14/01/17

Where: Meadow Lane

586d89b2e4e7c_MansfieldTown.png.e19c974e

What line-up should Notts opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

37 minutes ago, PON_News said:

Game 26 - The Stags (H)

Team: Mansfield Town

Date: 14/01/17

Where: Meadow Lane

586d89b2e4e7c_MansfieldTown.png.e19c974eb5df77d9eea0bfa1878c75c4.png

What line-up should John Sheridan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Bloody hell, is Sheridan back?  Big Al kept that one quiet.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Hard to see anything but an away victory which is depressing to be honest. I'll go with 3-1 to the Stags. Do Stags fans have to pay extra for parking given most arrive on tractors? I won't even mention the ones who arrive on horseback.....

• Like 2

Will we have a manager by then?

I hope for Alan Smith's sake he doesn't take charge of another game, its not his fault but a derby game is one you need to have the knowledge at hand. I have heard rumours that the manager is set to be appointed on Friday morning. No idea who it is but will feel happier once there is someone in charge.

• Like 1

I think this one is a must, the players have to battle and show their worth.

The optimism needs to be on the up permanently, so if we can win or draw - it would be a good start. I expect Mansfield to be direct, play scrappy stuff and just try to insert power over our players. Time to show who's got a spine and any sort of passion for this club lads! Not confident by any means, yet I feel the atmosphere will be better.

Only time will tell.

8 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

Bloody hell, is Sheridan back?  Big Al kept that one quiet.

Sorry, I forgot to amend the settings for this (it's automated). Had a lot on recently. :(

• Like 2

Will we have a manager by then?
I hope for Alan Smith's sake he doesn't take charge of another game, its not his fault but a derby game is one you need to have the knowledge at hand. I have heard rumours that the manager is set to be appointed on Friday morning. No idea who it is but will feel happier once there is someone in charge.

Alan hardy said there will be an announcement today (Thursday) about the new manager, whether he will take charge of the Mansfield game im not too sure!
  • Like 1

Would love to beat them , new owner and manager in place , difficult for KN to have a real impact so soon , but the air of change,  of optimism can work wonders on morale , the ground swell of real support shouldn't be underestimated it can inspire , we must be totally behind who ever plays be vocal even if struggling in the match ,  then who knows , they are in form will be up for it to , so I think a draw would be a good result , COYP 

• Like 1

Haha Seany... LOL :lol:

I hope its really him, though I should add the flag to my knowledge is owned by a fan. Former media members told me this after I tried to get it back, the person who used to get the flag out (told me it wouldn't return). I guess the takeover resolved that one.

Forest friend told me today that he believes Notts will win because Mansfield will assume they will.

Made a good case and point argument when you think about it, last year at home we assumed we would and it turned out wrong. We then believed better would come away from home, did it? No. Low expectations and a true passion for this club, lets have a go! COYP!!!

• Like 3

Solid point for us, cannot fault a goalless draw at all.

It sounded like Meadow Lane found its groove back, so I'm very excited about going to the next home game. I had planned to go today, however I forget about the kick off time and it went out the window. It would have been nice to say hello to my friends @Italian Magpies.

Looks like we had a bit of magic in the air and a lot of optimism. Hopefully the players continue to work hard, we have a HUGE task ahead of us.

• Like 2

On 14/01/2017 at 10:01, ohstanleyaborah said:

So excited for today! Id take a draw but i haven't been this excited for a game in a while! Cmon you pies!

I love seeing so many happy and excited magpies, my timeline and social feeds (including PON's) have been full of optimism and hope.

The players have had a lot of stick, though as Hardy and Nolan have said it's to be expected with losing 10 games in a row. Yet we have the foundations to push on, it sounded like Nolan has done wonders with the defence in short space of time. Fingers crossed when the defence finds their feet, the midfield will inter link and then chances upfront may come. It could look completely different if we can unlock the embargo but the belief is there and must remain at all cost.

Will have to watch the highlights again. :D

• Like 3

it was not the most prettiest performances, tho the defence did very well at times. there was the odd moments where tootle or audel would drop into no mans land and the general football around that when our position was pretty boring. at the end of the day you accept this as a start because there was improvements made.

think we need to find someone to support stead better.

forte and campbell was a waste of shirt, the long balls dont suite stead and he just looked very tired. good draw tho!

• Like 1

Thought it was a typical local derby really, very scrappy and nervy, and next to no real quality on display. In truth it was a poor game that neither side deserved to win, but from our point of view I think we have to be pleased. It's just the sort of result we needed, we've stopped the rot, and crucially we managed to get a clean sheet too. We certainly looked much more oganised, and I have to say even Dickinson and Duffy who've come in for a lot of criticism were both good. The goalkeeper had a good game too, made a great save when he was called into action and caught everything that came his way. 

Other results dropped us into the bottom 2 but let's not let that overshadow what a positive day it was yesterday. The atmosphere was electric, it was brilliant to see a big home crowd, and the buzz has certainly returned. Have to say if I was a Mansfield fan I'd be very dissapointed. They failed to really trouble a side in awful form, and some of their so called fans behaviour was nothing short of embarrassing. Noticed there were some Forest fans in their end trying to cause trouble too, anyone else notice the Forest flag?

I still think we're desperate for reinforcements but yesterday is a start. Something to build on

• Like 3