Match Discussion: Game 34 - The Pilgrims (A)

PON_News

Game 34 - The Pilgrims (A)

Team: Plymouth Argyle

Date: 28/02/17

Where: Home Park

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

Plymouth is a tough place to go, even tougher on a Tuesday night. Notts are playing well so they will go there with confidence. Plymouth are a decent side but Notts shouldn't fear them. Hartlepool went there and won. I think it will be a lot tighter than expected. 2-1 to the home side I reckon. 

I can see it going one of two ways.

They'll either defeat us and Notts will put in a woeful performance which will insight fans into feeling down/negative (which is natural), or we'll do well but narrowly lose to a side that plays quite convincingly as promotion contenders.

I would love to see us go there and play like we did at the start of the season or perhaps Stevenage the other year, though that's pushing the boat.

We've been down in the dumps until the takeover, so  we will have to takes this as it comes.

I do think they will win 2-0, though I hope we play well and surprise them - I just don't expect it. COYP!

• Like 1

I always hoped my comment above would be wrong, how decent is Nolan becoming? There was some negatives over the line-up which was chosen. Going into the second half with the 1-0 will be massive for us.

We need to come out confident in the second half and avoid cards at all cost!

COYP

• Like 1

Supporter+

Great win. League 2 this season is average at best, makes you realize what Notts could have achieved if AH had been here earlier. Next season.....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

The comments under that report are more interesting than the report itself! Plenty of sour grapes there :D

It's a good sign when opposition fans are moaning about you instead of offering you sympathy.

• Like 2

Plymouth may well be turning into the Arsenal of League 2, look good up until Christmas and then falling away.

Excellent and unexpected result from Notts, but much needed after failing to beat Yeovil at the weekend. I reckon another 10 points should see us safe this season as I can't see either Orient, or Newport gathering any more than that. 

• Like 1

Did anyone else hear the moans and whines from the Plymouth fans virtually every minute? It was quite amusing, and I kept thinking 'how we've been there' but I don't think they created a very good atmosphere - it probably only encourage our players and fans (who sounded up for it even before kick-off).

It was a fantastic performance and hopefully it over shadows last Tuesday (which it should do).

We can't win every game but I'd take a win over Plymouth any day of the week, rather than a loss or win over Yeovil (if we could only have one or the other). The point is massive block towards the confidence in which Nolan is building. What is these clean sheets we are getting now? Massive change but we need to keep our focus. I don't think Nolan will allow anyone to lose that or their belief. COYP!