Notts County Ladies

Joe Jones

Absolutely shocking news this morning, to hear that Notts County Ladies have folded.

After all the recent good news with Notts since Alan Hardy's arrival, I was optimistic that the Lady Pies pulling through would also be happening, but today's news has just been a crushing blow.

I hope the players will be able to find clubs as soon as possible and that their livelihood does not take a hit.

Please share your thoughts and, if you have any plans for anything along the lines of helping them out, don't hesitate to share them on here.

Well, I have to admit, that I am surprised with the news today, but I'm not at all disappointed as I have been an opponent of the Lady pies since they were first brought in. I fully understand the reasoning as well, why take £1m away from the men's side to subsidise a team that would most likely get relegated this season anyway? The WSL is starting to be taken over by big premiership sides, so it would only be a matter of time before Notts would not be able to compete on the same level and £1m to Notts is a massive amount of cash to our budget, whereas it is loose change to the likes of Chelsea and Man City.

Sad for all the staff that have lost their jobs? Absolutely, but will I miss them? Not one little bit...

As I mentioned in the other thread, I was indifferent to them, but would support disbanding them if they were a financial burden.

We were led to believe by the Trews (OK, I know, unreliable source) that they were self- sufficient and of no financial impact to the men's side. Obviously along with a lot of what they said, it turns out to be bollocks and in-fact they were also racking up significant debts along with the men's side. 

Smart move by AH. 

After I played football last night, I was scanning Facebook and I noticed his interview with BBC Nottingham.

He chosen his words very wisely did Alan Hardy, you could tell he was struggling with the decision and it must be painful to see. I hope we can form a new ladies club and work our way up, however this would be in the future. We need to focus elsewhere ATM.

Archived