Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Jones

Favourite Notts County shirt?

Recommended Posts

Alan Hardy has confirmed that the new Notts County shirt, made by Puma, should be coming out mid-July.

So while on the subject of Notts kits, we want to know - which is your favourite of all time?

Let PON know and if you've got pictures, feel free to share them on the thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Adidas shirts from the 80s are bound to be popular. But personally I quite like this effort from 97-99:

 

notts-county-97-home_3_1_2.jpg

 

No nonsense, no overuse of yellow/gold, just a nice plain black and white shirt. Obscure, non-obtrusive sponsor (printed on the shirt, not ironed on, so it doesn't peel off) and stripes on the back are plus points too. Unfortunately I don't wear mine any more as it resembles a tent. But a very cool, black and white tent.

On a side note, a better range of retro shirts wouldn't go amiss. The only one with short sleeves is the centenary shirt, which is just a plain white shirt with the old badge on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In recent years, I loved the green and yellow shirt - I know others don't like it but I really like it.

Another favourite is the Tartan shirt, that was just class! Yet my favourite home shirt is the home bitter one from 1994/95. I wished I knew where mine was so I could hand it down to whoever it fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Chris said:

In recent years, I loved the green and yellow shirt - I know others don't like it but I really like it.

Another favourite is the Tartan shirt, that was just class! Yet my favourite home shirt is the home bitter one from 1994/95. I wished I knew where mine was so I could hand it down to whoever it fit.

You mean the 93-94 barcode effort, as worn on Sir Charlie Day? In 94-95 we were sponsored by Harp Lager.

(I don't get on in life because useless information like that is cluttering up my brain.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DangerousSausage said:

You mean the 93-94 barcode effort, as worn on Sir Charlie Day? In 94-95 we were sponsored by Harp Lager.

(I don't get on in life because useless information like that is cluttering up my brain.)

Yeah, I owned both though. :frantics:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DangerousSausage That was the last home shirt that I really liked. Previous to that my two favourite designs are not surprisingly from our really successful times. Loved the late 70's, early 80's shirt and also loved the double promotion Matchwinner shirt we had under Warnock with the amber trim.

I'm looking forward to the new design and would like to see something a bit more radical, but I'm expecting something closer to Juve's kit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the Adidas one, single magpie? Can't remember which season it was. It was between Puma and Adidas this next season, but the min quantities were too big on the latter, so opted for Puma. Good kits, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-23 at 14:05, DangerousSausage said:

The Adidas shirts from the 80s are bound to be popular. But personally I quite like this effort from 97-99:

 

notts-county-97-home_3_1_2.jpg

 

No nonsense, no overuse of yellow/gold, just a nice plain black and white shirt. Obscure, non-obtrusive sponsor (printed on the shirt, not ironed on, so it doesn't peel off) and stripes on the back are plus points too. Unfortunately I don't wear mine any more as it resembles a tent. But a very cool, black and white tent.

On a side note, a better range of retro shirts wouldn't go amiss. The only one with short sleeves is the centenary shirt, which is just a plain white shirt with the old badge on it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also liked the shirt that Danny Allsopp worn for us.

651928518.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

I thought the use of Yellow was nice in this shirt and I loved the centred badge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Pride of Nottingham is an independent fansite devoted to Notts County, the world’s oldest league football club. Created in 2013, it has served as a source of Magpie news, features, match previews, reports, analysis and interviews for more than three years.

Support PON

Enjoy our content? Want to help us grow? Your donation will go a long way towards improving the site!

Donate
×