Magic magpie

Will Fitzsons be County’s number one next season.?

So Fitzsimons has signed a new deal with the magpies but will he be the new number one.? 

Edited by Magic magpie

Certainly hope so!

Until his ‘moment’ - which he’s now said he’s learned from (and still never mentioned the “tackle” assaults he’d been subjected to throughout the match!) - I thought he looked a confident No.1. He made some pretty decent saves - including a penalty - and was very aware of the field of play, from his posts. He’s also very quick, commands his spot well AND never ‘twerks’ in the net when the ball’s coming towards him from the halfway line!

Roll on start of the Season, that’s what I say. Bring it on!

COYP X

At the moment he's bound to be. 😂

Ideally we will sign another experienced player to cover him, but I think Ross Fitzsimons will excel from starting regularly. I hope he does thrives next season.

• Like 2

he will no doubt.

im not sure we will spend money on signing another experienced goalkeeper, i just hope he dont get injured or suspended. :( 

• Like 1

Ross must be the number one but I do think we need an experienced goalkeeper as backup.

The young lad does not seem ready, I know you can only improve with experience but he looks in need of a loan spell to get that. I would be surprised if he can do a job in the league.

• Like 2

You can tell with Adam Collin leaving that Ross Fitzsimons will be the new number 1 since signing his new deal.

I think he will be perfectly and he can only improve by playing. I think with confidence hes a great keeper, I just hope some fans who are never happy don't turn on him. We do need a backup, but we could cope I am sure.

At the minute im not to sure about this just cause of the incident with him being sent off ..which he paid for last year and he hasn’t had much game time since. And I’m thinking you build from the back and a exspirence goal keeper would help maybe

If he's not, it means we need a new keeper to be signed most certainly.

I think he will be, it's obvious that Kevin Nolan believes in him and I also believe he will grow with starting more regularly.

I have no doubt that Ross Fitzsimons will be the new number 1 this upcoming season, I don't think Kevin Nolan would have given him a short deal and then offer him a new one if this wasn't the plan of action for the club.

On 6/14/2018 at 18:49, liampie said:

im not sure we will spend money on signing another experienced goalkeeper, i just hope he dont get injured or suspended. :( 

Another solid backup would give me more confidence.

No debate at this time.

If a new keeper does sign then this may change, but Fitzsimons has the backing from the majority of fans and he's a capable keeper. I hope he grows in the position and comes out of his shell more.