Jorge Grant

ARLukomski

Honestly....Pre Christmas I would have him above anyone. After Xmas... I wouldn't take him back on loan. Leave him to another club and develop our own talent where all players try to stay involved.

Problem is which one will a team get if they take him on loan again? Pre or Post Xmas...

alan hardy has said that he wont be coming back, he may just be trying to avoid getting the fans excited but i just dont see it. forest will want him to get league one experience and if bradford city want him we stand no chance.

Jorge Grant said at the last game (playoff 2nd leg) that he wanted to play in League One next season.

I think they've just included Notts just to get some likes and new followers, I doubt there's any truth and yes - Alan Hardy has said that Jorge Grant won't be coming back. I doubt very much that Forest would want this, plus it's hard to see no further interest being shown by League One teams.

3 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

I wouldn't take him back on loan. Leave him to another club and develop our own talent where all players try to stay involved.

Even if he scored double figures again?

He would be a far better player in a better squad, I would happily take him back.

If there was half the chance that Jorge Grant could come back on loan, it would be madness for us to reject. He's a talented lad that can be a big player, his goal count shows this and we just need to manage him better.

I do feel he would play more consistent with a better squad behind him.

Hoofing the ball never seemed to suite him, he grew in confidence with the ball at his feet where he could use it.

The better squad around him theory is a good one and he may raise his commitment to the 90 minutes more often. The style of play is a major factor too. Hoof ball has been our tactic for a while now and we are easily worked out. Everyone would love to see us play, dare I say it, like Coventry did. Hopeful this will happen, but so far interviews etc.. have led to comments such as we have no need to change, just tweak a little. 

I disagree. We need to play a totally different game now, especially as we have pacey  forwards who can score through talent rather than having the big man as a target.

Jorge Grant would be the perfect addition to the squad if we could keep him focused and work on his form, I do agree that he would be more of a threat if we kept the ball down and I can see him thriving in a squad with more pace about it.

alessandra is a decent player at this level, i think he did okay but hes got no pace. hes skillful tho, his tricky foot work can be nice to watch but hes kinda like jrc with his end product and lack of releasing the ball at the right time.

Supporter+

We’d be mad not to jump at the chance of having Jorge back if it was offered, was it 19 goals in the end? 

Who wouldn’t want a player who can score that number of goals?

@liampie Nolan coming in and organised the defence as a unit. My criticism of Alessandra is on his sole ability...or rather an inability to beat his man on the outside. After a season of coaching by Nolan, I see no improvement in this sole respect. I don't see how Alessandra improves the team and think he should be transfer listed. Maybe a controversial point of view, but if it freed up wages to get Grant back, I will be in favour

problem is we could free all the wages up we could and still not get grant back.

alessandra for me does have a good level of ability and the way he brings the ball back in his different, it may limit him and be something the opposition will know but he works hard enough. until we have a ready replacement, i dont think he should go anywhere. plus he does have a good pass/cross on him.

@liampie then the issue is, where does he play? Striker positions are taken, as is Central Midfield...My argument is that he is no way near good enough in an outside position. Remember this is a player who was relegated with Hartlepool. I wished Notts could have got Nathan Thomas from the 'Pool, Alessandra was a poorer option. Please give some examples where Alessandra has beaten someone on the outside. I do concede, Alessandra is better as an impact sub...but still prefer if we could get back Grant

Archived