liampie

will branislav pindroch ever be good enough?

i have watched him warm up and i dont think he has looked very good, the games he started last season he seemed to rely too much on the defence but i did not see them in person. i am going on the highlights, it seems a huge risk to rely on him because i dont think hes anywhere near to what fabien spiess when we let him go. i know keepers thrive on confidence but i just dont think bransislav pindroch will ever been good enough for notts.

do you?

I am unsure, he never seems to catch anything when warming up and his positioning seems to let players score. Does anyone remember David Grof? I thought he looked like a fantastic prospect, its possible he will improve over the next two seasons but we seem to release keeper before they are ready.

I don't think so, fully expect a goalkeeper signing soon whether it be for number two or number one but I don't think we can put our trust in someone with no league experience.

He does seem a waste of wages but Kevin Nolan and Mark Crossley see something in him.

I just hope Ross Fitzsimons doesn’t end up injured at any point.

If he establishes himself as our keeper, I will do some sort forfeit because I honestly don’t rate him at all.

I think @NcfcT4 has more chance.

He would have to be tested more but from what I have seen, its hard to picture him being anything more than a third choice keeper.

I don’t know, training seems harsh to judge him by. He will have been told his expected roll over the close season and if he plays, I hope he thrives on it.

He will make the grade or fail, I don’t know which.

I would like to say that the young man could be a future number one for Notts but based on what I have seen I think its very unlikely.

He don't seem to be very commanding or skilled enough.

• Like 1

The only way to know is to see him play regularly, if they rate him enough why not loan him out somewhere so he can get game time?

I can't see him getting the game time he needs and I risk his inexperience would put Notts at risk next season. We do need another keeper who can rival Fitzsimons as so far he's guaranteed to start.

Based on what I have seen of him no, but time will tell.

There is still time for him to improve but its all down to his training and focus. I would like to see Kevin Nolan sign another keeper, we need the experience.

I am a tad worried about him. Would get another goalkeeper in just as backup but also be able to push Ross for the No.1 spot

22 minutes ago, Northants Pie said:

Without being funny or meaning to insult anyonr he is more than good enougj now never mind the future

i would rather play adam collin blindfolded.

nobody knows if hes capable bar kn but watching him warm up, he never saves a single shot. thats a sign of weak skills for me but who knows.

It's all down to opinions but I do wonder if those that rate Branislav Pindroch have seen him in goal? Warming up the easy part and if you don't look convincing there, well I would worry too.

I don't know if he can be a good goalkeeper but he seems far from first team material to me.

Have you actually seen him play at all @Northants Pie?

I have and he was awful, I remember seeing this comment on Twitter after the game and it's spot on.

He's a low risk gamble IMO, nothing more and someone I suspect they have hopes for in the future.

I have no idea but whatever happened to Joe Searson? I would much prefer him to be trained and pushed to be the next keeper.

If Joe is not good enough, I am unsure how Branislav would be but he needs time.

3 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

Without being funny or meaning to insult anyonr he is more than good enougj now never mind the future

I can't see him being any better Ross Fitzsimons yet.

From what I have seen he makes me very nervous, I have seen many young keepers attempting to come through and he seems one of the weakest.

1 hour ago, BromPie said:

I can't see him being any better Ross Fitzsimons yet.

From what I have seen he makes me very nervous, I have seen many young keepers attempting to come through and he seems one of the weakest.

I am by no way saying he is as good as Ross as I believe Ross is one of the best goalkeepers in the bottom two divisions.

What i am saying though is that he has come on remarkably and he is good enough to for league two.

Most people thought Ross was weak etc etc when we signed him.

• Like 1

I believe he featured only in the JPT last season and played part in getting us knocked out. I have not seen him play but I trust Kevin Nolan’s judgement.

Mark Crossley should know a good keeper when he sees one.