BREXIT.....

5 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@hissingdwarfTorygraph article expresses an opinion but despite this, it's clutching at straws, don't think many Tory voters, when it comes to crunch time, will vote for Jeremy...as tabloid papers will flood the public again with "will the last one out, turn off the lights" "UK run by Trade Unions"

So regional investment banks will need "heavy funding"..still doesn't answer where the money will come from? a Labour government to "print money"? will be interested to see the costings for this....

Agree that real driving force for Brexit, was EU's tax avoidance directives. What has the Cayman Islands ever done for us? I would sacrifice the lot of them in terms of opening up company registers, beneficial owners etc...it would be one of the best things the EU will have done

https://labour.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/National-Investment-Bank-Plans-Report.pdf

Fully costed as expected. 

13 hours ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@Piethagorammedia are scaremongering, government is scaremongering.

Did the UK not do well before joining the EU? 

Since EU laws were implemented how many pubs and jobs have been lost here due to this? 

We have no obligation to Greece but cause the EU made them how they turned out we were told to pay up as usual. 

We did say no but then backed into a corner by the EU and our cowardly government is too scared to stand up. But the EU bully us in that way. 

And just for your information I am NOT a tory, I am NOT a Labour fan. I don't like any government as they all lie. 

People are just too scared to be out the EU because of the scaremongering. When the vote happened people voted but people didn't like the result which brought on self sabotaging and scaremongering tactics. As we are witnessing. 

It will work, if we stand up to the EU as they are more scared to lose us then we should be to lose them. 

No scaremongering...just actual facts...

We werent told to pay for Greece ( who brought it on themselves with retirement age at 50!)

UK government wasnt bullied  ( balderdash)

Basically people were not told the truth and consequences....

UK will commit economic suicide with a no Brexit deal

@Piethagoram 

Do you really not see how much they take from us rather than others and use us as a door mat? 

Are you a psychic or time traveller? 

Can you see in to the future? 

So you can not say 100% it will be bad. Its just opinions at the minute and they are using scaremongering tactics to try get a second referendum they so desperately want. 

People aren't being told the whole truths or consequences about what would be remaining in? 

You believe what you like pal but you won't change my opinion. Until it happens you can't say it's a bad decision because unless you can see into the future you just don't know. 

22 minutes ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@Piethagoram 

Do you really not see how much they take from us rather than others and use us as a door mat? 

Are you a psychic or time traveller? 

Can you see in to the future? 

So you can not say 100% it will be bad. Its just opinions at the minute and they are using scaremongering tactics to try get a second referendum they so desperately want. 

People aren't being told the whole truths or consequences about what would be remaining in? 

You believe what you like pal but you won't change my opinion. Until it happens you can't say it's a bad decision because unless you can see into the future you just don't know. 

Maybe you cant recall  what the UK was like before joining the EU...

The FACTS that I have posted in this thread reveal  the Rules of the EU and how they will affect us, especially post Brexit

My sister has already lost her job, whole department's work moved to Germany and Luxembourg

It's about risk management....the EU are the knowns, and have served us well ( always room for improvement)

To leave, the leavers ignore the FACTS, walking away from International Agreements like the GFA...this is NOT acceptable.... 

You also blame the EU for pub closures?...... just how stupid have things become...nothing to do with the EU AGAIN

@Piethagoram 

Its all proper gander, they didn't want us to leave and our government don't want us to so they will do everything in their power to suggest that we'd be worse off 

It ain't a fact that we'd be worse off. It's not been proven cause it hasn't happened. 

Before the EU? We were a great nation. 

Times change. 

Fisherman voted out so they can have free roam of their waters which was restricted by the EU, our own waters we were restricted from. 

Farmers voted out so they can produce as much as they want and all shapes and sizes. Which the EU restricted. 

Butchers voted out so they don't have to be restricted to size from the eu.

Imagine all that money we spend on the EU and pay them what we could do with that over here. You say about NHS there's the money for the NHS the money that we give eu it can in turn be used for this purpose. 

Believe what you want, until it happens you can not say for sure that it's a bad decision because it hasn't happened yet.

If you want to believe media lies and proper gander you go ahead. Let them get to you with scaremongering. But that's your choice. I've made my choice and I'll stand by it. 

Brexit is a farce and I couldn't give two f's what happens as the government are bending over backwards for the EU who desperately want to keep us. 

The only reason we'd lose out isn't because of rules but because the EU will be a little baby and have a sulk and it'd b like "my toy you can't have this" it's nothing to do with brexit it's being spiteful that's all. 

2 hours ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

Believe what you want, until it happens you can not say for sure that it's a bad decision because it hasn't happened yet.

I haven't sawed my right arm off yet, but I'm pretty sure it would be a bad decision were I to do so.

The EU does not restrict vegetable shapes and sizes, that is a lie put out by the press. The reason you won't find wonky fruit in your local supermarket is that consumers are less likely to buy it!

The money the UK spends on the EU will be dwarfed by the cost of border controls and trade tariffs. And there certainly will be tariffs and border checks, otherwise the UK could simply scrap its environmental and labour laws and gain an unfair advantage for its business (while also harming ordinary workers). Of course, the UK could quite easily adopt BETTER environmental and labour laws than the current EU-based ones, but there are plenty of people in the government who wouldn't tolerate that...

• Love 1

Supporter+

@DangerousSausage they sell wonky fruit and veg in Morrisons, it’s a lot cheaper we always buy it when it’s available but you are quite right the majority wouldn’t, nothing to do with the EU.

https://my.morrisons.com/wonky-fruit-veg/

3 hours ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@Piethagoram 

Its all proper gander, they didn't want us to leave and our government don't want us to so they will do everything in their power to suggest that we'd be worse off 

It ain't a fact that we'd be worse off. It's not been proven cause it hasn't happened. 

Before the EU? We were a great nation. 

Times change. 

Fisherman voted out so they can have free roam of their waters which was restricted by the EU, our own waters we were restricted from. 

Farmers voted out so they can produce as much as they want and all shapes and sizes. Which the EU restricted. 

Butchers voted out so they don't have to be restricted to size from the eu.

Imagine all that money we spend on the EU and pay them what we could do with that over here. You say about NHS there's the money for the NHS the money that we give eu it can in turn be used for this purpose. 

If you want to believe media lies and proper gander you go ahead. Let them get to you with scaremongering. But that's your choice. I've made my choice and I'll stand by it. 

Brexit is a farce and I couldn't give two f's what happens as the government are bending over backwards for the EU who desperately want to keep us. 

The only reason we'd lose out isn't because of rules but because the EU will be a little baby and have a sulk and it'd b like "my toy you can't have this" it's nothing to do with brexit it's being spiteful that's all. 

Sorry @Bainbridge NCFC, some pretty feeble arguments being put forward

"before EU, we were a great nation"??? Not in my opinion, OK we had the Commonwealth but the majority of those countries had NO money to buy British. In face the Commonwealth countries concluded themselves that to become economically richer, they should trade more with their nearest neighbours? Sound familiar?

UK Fishermen saw an opportunity to cash in and sold their boats / quotas to Spanish companies and pocketed the cash. 

Farmers whether Agricultural  / Livestock will find their ability to sell in Europe restricted as vet checks , non GM food declarations etc will put up costs...and what happens if lorries are having to wait 3 days on the M20....Its not a media scare story, its the report from Conservative run Kent County Council

So you still believe the NHS funding lie on the side of the bus?  Gullible or what? As @DangerousSausagepoints out, the UK will be paying net WTO tariff amounts way in excess of UK 's EU contribution payments....i.e. the UK will be wasting its own money.

Apart from a few jokey inserts, tried to present my arguments backed by Facts...

Its the Brexiteers, it's going to be all right on the night attitude I find frustrating. The UK will be hit economically with tax revenues plummeting, ...there is absolutely no evidence that UK will be able to replace those tax revenues quickly...

I care for Notts and the UK, thats why I am so passionate about this topic

Supporter+

I wonder @Bainbridge NCFC would you mind me politely asking your age? The only reason I ask is that I’m old enough to remember ‘Great’ Britain before we joined the EU and I can’t remember it being the land of milk and honey that some people like to portray, I believe life has been much better in the EU. Just my personal opinion.

• Love 1

@DangerousSausage @Piethagoram

Like I said believe what you want. Be scare mongered if you want. 

Times change. Sawing an arm off is a different subject how can you compare leaving eu to that 😂😂😂 oh dear. 

Joining Real Madrid seems like a good idea for many players doesn't always work does it. Southgate didn't seem good appointment turned out OK. 

Nothing is certain unless you have seen e future. 

@Fan of Big Tone 25, we might not have been as great as is thought but times change we have moved on and without eu we can be stronger. 

Like I said I couldn't care about brexit. If you want to be remoaners fair enough doesn't change the result does it. We voted out. We're coming out. Move on. 

Its a farce. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@DangerousSausage @Piethagoram

Like I said believe what you want. Be scare mongered if you want. 

Times change. Sawing an arm off is a different subject how can you compare leaving eu to that 😂😂😂 oh dear. 

Joining Real Madrid seems like a good idea for many players doesn't always work does it. Southgate didn't seem good appointment turned out OK. 

Nothing is certain unless you have seen e future. 

@Fan of Big Tone 25, we might not have been as great as is thought but times change we have moved on and without eu we can be stronger. 

Like I said I couldn't care about brexit. If you want to be remoaners fair enough doesn't change the result does it. We voted out. We're coming out. Move on. 

Its a farce. 

@Bainbridge NCFC

It's not a case of scare mongering. International laws and regulations are there for all to see. Good Friday Agreement registered at United Nations. So you think if we break it because of Brexit, how will any country trust the UK's signature on any future agreements? 

So what happens if Boldewijn's contract at Notts has to be terminated in the event of a hard Brexit situation? Is that acceptable?  What happens if UK pensioners abroad have to return as their Health insurance under the EU is no longer valid? It will break the NHS... Again, not scaremongering but EU law legalities?

I am unfortunately old enough to know what the UK was like before the EU (EC as it was then). You learn from history....

@Piethagoram learn from history? 

So just because something wasnt too great before means it won't be at a second offering? 

You doubt the abilities of the UK. Its people like you who buy into the scare tactics that put doubts in your minds. 

You're forgetting all those who move abroad to Spain etc most are pension age and the there are others who take it with them and don't pay into the UK due to being in a new nation. Maybe if they get sent back more contributions will be made to the UK. 

😂😂 Contract expired due to brexit oh my you really are deep in sacre monger. You really believe deportation will happen cause we are out? It will be controlled any legal working paying in to the state person who has immigrated over here will remain. 

If it came to Enzio having to leave or any other player due to a hard brexit then it'll be what it will be. 

You not seen all the elections going on recently in Italy, Germany and Holland? The parties making the biggest strides are those who wish to leave the EU. Coincidence? Nope after brexit 4 countries wanted to follow suit. 

Juncker, eu main man, making a mockery of himself in public stumbling. Yeah I want to be part of his establishment 🤣🤣

And your old enough to know? Tell me why the majority who voted out was over 65 then? Surely they know what it was like and want it back. 

10 hours ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@Piethagoram learn from history? 

So just because something wasnt too great before means it won't be at a second offering? 

You doubt the abilities of the UK. Its people like you who buy into the scare tactics that put doubts in your minds. 

You're forgetting all those who move abroad to Spain etc most are pension age and the there are others who take it with them and don't pay into the UK due to being in a new nation. Maybe if they get sent back more contributions will be made to the UK. 

😂😂 Contract expired due to brexit oh my you really are deep in sacre monger. You really believe deportation will happen cause we are out? It will be controlled any legal working paying in to the state person who has immigrated over here will remain. 

If it came to Enzio having to leave or any other player due to a hard brexit then it'll be what it will be. 

You not seen all the elections going on recently in Italy, Germany and Holland? The parties making the biggest strides are those who wish to leave the EU. Coincidence? Nope after brexit 4 countries wanted to follow suit. 

Juncker, eu main man, making a mockery of himself in public stumbling. Yeah I want to be part of his establishment 🤣🤣

And your old enough to know? Tell me why the majority who voted out was over 65 then? Surely they know what it was like and want it back. 

@Bainbridge NCFC

...second offering? Just produce an independent economic forecast that says the UK will be better off? The reality is that our biggest trading partner, we are cutting off the ability to set standards which are needed for industry be it for manufacturing , financial services. You have consistently fail to address the extra vets, border checks, UK driving licences becoming invalid, no planes flying on a hard Brexit. Reality not scaremongering

Over 65's voted on the lie of extra money for the NHS?

"It will be controlled any legal working paying in to the state person who has immigrated over here will remain. " You obviously have not been reading and understanding the 3 million or so EU nationals in the UK... Prime Minister is not offering an acceptable "immigration status" This is not scare mongering, it's reality

How is the UK to cope with say the mental health care sector where many of the staff are EU nationals? Perhaps you are advocating the return to mental asylums because there will not be the staff to look after them....that is what the UK was like before the EU...

So Fascist parties in Netherlands, Italy and Germany is OK by you? Are they in a position of power? No. "You not seen all the elections going on recently in Italy, Germany and Holland? The parties making the biggest strides are those who wish to leave the EU. Coincidence? Nope after brexit 4 countries wanted to follow suit. " I can only count 3...🤣

"Juncker....making a mockery of himself in public?".... You have been reading The Sun / Express /Torygraph too much.... What have Davies / Raab / Boris/ Hunt / May achieved in 2 years of negotiation... just arguing amongst themselves...and they still are not able to present to the EU a fully agreed plan...... so hard Brexit is now very likely

I noticed you haven't responded to my point on the legalities re Good Friday Agreement

Prime Minister always keeps blabbering on about "taking control of our borders", when she has the mechanism to do just that, and totally ignored during her time as Home Secretary. The flip side is going to be UK citizens not having Freedom of Movement in the EU be it for work, holidays etc

"You doubt the abilities of the UK."... I doubt the abilities of the UK government, Corbynistas, to do what is right for the country than just looking after themselves. What are you going to say to the workers in car manufacturing, aerospace financial services when those jobs go to countries within the Single Market..? Is that fair, so many unemployed...where are those new jobs to be created from?...yes thin air... the perceived response from Brexiteers. The reality is they have NO answer

Supporter+

Not all over 65s voted for Brexit, I’m over 65 and the majority of my friends and acquaintances voted remain, perhaps it’s because I get friendly with like minded people. :huh2:

• Love 1