Match Discussion: EFL Cup - The Boro (A)

PON_News

EFL Cup - The Boro (A)

Team: Middlesbrough

Date: 14/08/18

Where: Riverside Stadium

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I hate to think what the scoreline could be.

It's just like Notts to play well in the cup or either they will look like Bambi stuck in the headlights. I'm dreading it at the moment because I'm concerned it will lead to more fans feeling deflated. I hate to say it but I warned this situation to @super_ram and @Magic magpie..

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chris said:

I hate to think what the scoreline could be.

It's just like Notts to play well in the cup or either they will look like Bambi stuck in the headlights. I'm dreading it at the moment because I'm concerned it will lead to more fans feeling deflated. I hate to say it but I warned this situation to @super_ram and @Magic magpie..

That is true @Chris you did warm us about that .. and a few other things to. I think we need to give some of the players who are yet to play a run out see what they can do.

• Like 1

Boro will probably rest a player or two and give other players game time.I expect KN to do the same.

• Like 2

In the years of my supporting Notts County, they have done well against some of the higher teams, so lets hope this can carry on, but i just hope we win. (not counting Swansea) last season of course. But even then, they had to take us to a replay, when perhaps they should have finished us off at Meadow Lane. 

18 hours ago, Magic magpie said:

That is true @Chris you did warm us about that .. and a few other things to. I think we need to give some of the players who are yet to play a run out see what they can do.

Changes are required, you can't play that poorly and expect them to play better consistently the next game.

Form sometimes needs to be re-focused.

15 hours ago, super_ram said:

Boro will probably rest a player or two and give other players game time.I expect KN to do the same.

Even if they field youths or reserve players, I think our confidence will be low and Kevin Nolan must get them focused. A poor performance could drag into the league, whereas if they played well it could benefit the players.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Changes are required, you can't play that poorly and expect them to play better consistently the next game.

Form sometimes needs to be re-focused.

Even if they field youths or reserve players, I think our confidence will be low and Kevin Nolan must get them focused. A poor performance could drag into the league, whereas if they played well it could benefit the players.

I could t agree more @Chris

On 11/08/2018 at 21:43, Anti-Red said:

They will thrash Notts watch.

I am sure Notts will play better, Nolan usually gets a response from the players.

The defence does need to learn faster, the cup is a good chance to win back some money for the coffers.

Mix it up, make a few changes focus on the league more than a cup competition like this. Baring in mind we have Yeovil on Friday given us 1 less day rest. Take out Brisley and Hewitt give them a run out last 20 possibly to freshen legs both Tuesday and Friday. 

• Like 1

Supporter+

This is a chance to give other players a game to see what they can do, anyone remember the cup run we had when Steve Thompson was manager? He fielded a completely different team for the cup and we went on a great run, let’s hope we can do the same.

If we lose, which we probably will, I won’t be reading twitter or Facebook, it’ll just depress me.

• Like 1

Obviously it’s very unlikely we’ll get anything out of the game other than some fringe players gaining minutes or experience or both.

Although we need the cash, we are best out of the cups, they were a major distraction last season and we have enough injury problems without these type of games.

i just hope it’s not embarrassing.

• Like 2