Fan of Big Tone

Steve Chettle joins Notts

Was he not the manager of Ilkeston Town?

I suppose a defensive coach would be a good call, I don't know how good Steve Chettle would be in this role.

18 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Was he not the manager of Ilkeston Town?

I suppose a defensive coach would be a good call, I don't know how good Steve Chettle would be in this role.

Yes he was manager of Ilkeston and still is until they fill the role.

23 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

Very worried that the Chairman imposing his choices, rather than advertising the position? 

I’m not too worried about that @Piethagoram after all his recruitment so far has been spot on, unlike the previous chairman, I guess he’s recruiting from within as he also owns Ilkeston, he’s seen the good job Chettle has done and promoted him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Yes he was manager of Ilkeston and still is until they fill the role.

kinda bizarre that he could have duel rules. there seems to be a lot of this happening with that amanda person at notts now working at the nottinghamshire. im not sure its the best thing for the club.

6 minutes ago, liampie said:

kinda bizarre that he could have duel rules. there seems to be a lot of this happening with that amanda person at notts now working at the nottinghamshire. im not sure its the best thing for the club.

The dual role for Chettle is only temporary while they seek a new manager for Ilkeston.

Good move for me, On the contrary I was disappointed to see Mike Edwards leave last season and the new fitness coach looks unfit as ote. Edwards was a good role model to the squad.

I think it could be a good thing, I'll reserve my judgement.

I hope he knows if he doesn't improve things, that he will be blamed just like Dean Yates did. For me it's not about the coaching, it's about how the players apply their role and what they do to keep focused/engaged with the game.

I think it will be a good move but it seems a downgrade over management, the pay might be better but coaching seems to be a limit for someone like Steve Chettle who was a very good player.

11 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

I think it will be a good move but it seems a downgrade over management, the pay might be better but coaching seems to be a limit for someone like Steve Chettle who was a very good player.

He’s being lined up as our next manager when KN gets poached by Bolton/Newcastle. 

He’s being lined up as our next manager when KN gets poached by Bolton/Newcastle. 

Poached??

Who’d want him after tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I’m not too worried about that @Piethagoram after all his recruitment so far has been spot on, unlike the previous chairman, I guess he’s recruiting from within as he also owns Ilkeston, he’s seen the good job Chettle has done and promoted him.

"His recruitment so far has been spot on"...really? Tonight showed some of the recruitment to be an absolute shambles. £200k for a toothless strike force, signing Vaughan was a mistake too when we could have got Pell, and Sowunmi  for Yeovil was available this summer.

7 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

"His recruitment so far has been spot on"...really? Tonight showed some of the recruitment to be an absolute shambles. £200k for a toothless strike force, signing Vaughan was a mistake too when we could have got Pell, and Sowunmi  for Yeovil was available this summer.

A serious question and not wishing to be argumentative but did you think the signing of Hemmings and Dennis was a mistake when it happened @Piethagoram? Or have you just arrived at that conclusion after two games? I don’t remember anyone dissenting at the time. Personally I think they will come good, lets not write them off too soon.

On 17/08/2018 at 16:08, Fan of Big Tone said:

I could see Bolton taking a gamble on him actually.

I would hope Steve Chettle isn't being lined up as the manager though, he don't have enough league experience and we would need someone like Steve Cotterill.