Defence is a problem

Magic magpie

All other departments have had reinforcements and still the same issues are happening.

It's clear to me that although it's not always Ross Fitzsimons doesn't command enough or communicate with the defence. Notts needs an experienced keeper and I think until January we will struggle due to this.

2 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

We can't keep signing outfield players expecting them to improve the inexperienced goalkeeper who was overrated by fans on social media for a few good games last season.

Totally agree we can’t keep ignoring the ultimate promblem which is the goal keeper 

17 minutes ago, Magic magpie said:

Totally agree we can’t keep ignoring the ultimate promblem which is the goal keeper 

I feel the club will but now is the time to act.

There must be a good enough keeper available on a free, the issue is money now though. Harry Kewell has spoken about two more players, so we will see.

• Chris featured this topic

Midfield, defence and keeper.

I can't see things improving much with Ross Fitzsimons in goal, he has no confidence and every good save he makes is ruined by several mistakes which makes you question his actual ability. With the defenders you know that they could if someone organised them better, so which makes me come back to Fitzsimons.

23 hours ago, B&Wstripes said:

Midfield, defence and keeper.

I can't see things improving much with Ross Fitzsimons in goal, he has no confidence and every good save he makes is ruined by several mistakes which makes you question his actual ability. With the defenders you know that they could if someone organised them better, so which makes me come back to Fitzsimons.

I agree.

If you took a gamble on saving the wider issues and a keeper with more experience could do this, I don't see why the club wouldn't go for it. We have had strikers who look quality but haven't had service, people complained but now we have a keeper afraid of his own shadow and voice.

Kevin Nolan seemed to blame the attack which wasn't the pressure, we was scoring and creating chances but when you concede its only going to put pressure on the strikers. I feel the blame more falls on the keeper and his lack authority, if the midfield helped with defending I do feel it would be improved.

The issue is the defence and keeper, neither seems to have faith in the other.

Archived