Paul Hart leaves Luton for Notts.?

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Unconfirmed by the official Notts website as I write this but Sky news are reporting that Paul Hart has left Luton to join Notts, as predicted by our very own @hissingdwarf

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11750/11490826/paul-hart-leaves-luton-to-join-notts-county-as-technical-director

Supporter+

Now confirmed on the club website, welcome Paul Hart.

Paul Hart is a man that knows football, he's good with working in and around players. His work with youngsters is exceptional and I think he will get the best out of the players, however he needs to fully commit to the role.

He moves around too frequently and doesn't seem to stand by practices he introduces.

I don't think the club needs someone in this role.

Personally I think it's Alan Hardy accepting he knows little about football and an effort to correct his mistakes with Kevin Nolan. It should give more support to a inexperienced manager but I do feel that Harry Kewell will have support from his assistant along with Mark Crossley.

I will have to see what Paul Hart does for the club and if any benefits become noticeable.

Supporter+

He’s got tons of experience but as @upthepies says he doesn’t stop anywhere very long, hopefully he will put down roots now and stay long term to see “the project” through.

Good appointment imo. It’s obvious that Alan Hardy has learnt a lot in the past 18 months. One of those lessons being too close himself. Now he has a buffer between him and HK. Plus HK can focus purely on the training and first eleven, leaving this role to cover all the rest. 

Strikes me the focus of training hasn’t been great with KN of late so having such a driven coach as Harry and then Paul above him is a good combo.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I’ve got a really good feeling about this and think it will work remarkably well long term.

Paul Hart is a good person to have a round the club.

I have met him and seen him do his duties, he's very hard working and passionate about football. I think it makes a lot of sense, his ideas and experience will be a huge benefit to Harry Kewell. I have no doubt about that, he has given a fantastic interview with Notts which can be found here.

Supporter+
1 hour ago, thommo said:

If he commits, we should be fine but the inexperience side of Kewell worries me still.

But that’s exactly why Hart has been brought in, his experience will be a huge help to the inexperienced Kewell.

Supporter+
Just now, heraldmagpie said:

@Fan of Big Tone Paul Hart is knowledgeable but he moves around, Harry Kewell's inexperience will be a concern until we know how they work exactly together.

I'm sticking my neck out here but I've a feeling they will work very well together, they know each other from the past so that should help.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the bum when we sack them both in six months. :joker:

32 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I'm sticking my neck out here but I've a feeling they will work very well together, they know each other from the past so that should help.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the bum when we sack them both in six months. :joker:

I think we all hope it dont bite you and you are correct and things will run smoothly 

He does seem to move about quite a lot and this would be a concern, especially with his age.

He's 65 years old, so I do wonder if at his age he will be slowing down but I do see the qualities he could bring. I do feel its a gamble to pay off even if he does have a good relationship with Harry Kewell. I just feel that the club may need someone who can be more hands on, offer Kewell more experience and understanding with practical man management. People forget that Kevin Nolan was said to have help from two higher profile managers, one being Big Sam.

How did that work out?

You don't know if it was just the press trying to make a connection or the truth but I am sure Nolan spoke to others for advice especially this season.

The only concern I have is the fact that I read somewhere that Notts have paid over £700,000 on the players budget.

How long until this starts to effect the staff and reductions are needed to be met? Paul Hart would be one of the first to go in my eyes, so that is a concern. The partnership seems to be idea otherwise for Harry Kewell, he gains some experience and support.

Archived