"An Evening With Kevin Nolan"

Lozzle1

Okay, so I'm attending this on Thursday evening with Chris and Mark.

Due to Contractual reasons, I'm not quite sure what he'll be able to say or be barred from saying?

However, I DO intend to ask questions!

In this regard, are there any questions you'd like me to ask him on your behalf?

(Answers on a postcard please! NO! Only joking...)

42 minutes ago, Lozzle1 said:

Okay, so I'm attending this on Thursday evening with Chris and Mark.

Due to Contractual reasons, I'm not quite sure what he'll be able to say or be barred from saying?

However, I DO intend to ask questions!

In this regard, are there any questions you'd like me to ask him on your behalf?

(Answers on a postcard please! NO! Only joking...)

You could ask him about who he feels most let down by from the players and ask him if he believes Fitzsimons has confidence issues?

I want to ask Kevin something privately, as I would like to know a few things.

I might even push myself to ask a couple of questions before hand about the squad he built and if he was confident he could have turned things around. Great idea to pitch other members questions @Lozzle1, thank you for doing this. x

GR8 Questions! Tbh, this is probably the thing that most upsets me about his tenure, here...Fitz.

Last season and post his 'lapse', Fitz could/did change games..i.e. saved penalty, Brentford, etc., 

HOWEVER, I truly believe that his 'punishment' went on for far too long and his confidence loss came entirely from watching our (then) No.1 (!!!) let 8 + + + + + + + in - from some truly stupid, basic, lacking-in-fitness/thought, mistakes without ever regaining his place and spending weeks/months wondering just what AC had to do to be considered 'inadequate' and for him to be brought back!

This probably wasn't helped further when AC posted on social media (post sacking) that it was "a Board decision" that got rid of him and not KN. So, from this, RF (possibly) knew he still wasn't the Gaffers first choice!

I WILL ask too, if KN feels 'responsible' for the lads total lack of confidence now, because someone needs to take the blame for this AND I don't think it should be RF, alone!

One of our earlier opponents had a 22yo Keeper, playing only his 2nd EFL League 2 match. His Defenders ENSURED our scorers got nowhere near him.

As with all of life, whether regular work (or football): if you're in a "Team" and you know there's a 'weakness there, you do all you can to cover for it, plug it and help it along!

Because there is no defence, few people seem to have his back, here!!!

• Chris featured this topic

I’d ask him if he honestly thought that we didn’t need any defensive recruitment during the transfer window, when it was in fact plain to see from February onwards that we did need strengthening in defence. And I would also like to know why he treated Forte with such contempt and lack of respect, despite him being our best striker.

5 hours ago, liampie said:

some of these questions will make for interesting replies, it will be interesting to see how openly and honest kn can be.

im not going but i would be interested to know just how he replies to things.

this is a great idea to open the floor to people who cant go @Lozzle1.

Thanks, Liam.

However, I've just seen a 'new' flyer for the event, where ex-Director, Jon Enever is 'Hosting' the evening. Under THAT circumstance, I'm not too sure how many (honest) questions are going to be allowed to be answered, or, indeed, if the questions will be 'staged' (pre-written) to avoid any legal problems.

Still, I think it'll be an 'interesting' evening.

COYP!

3 hours ago, Lozzle1 said:

ex-Director, Jon Enever is 'Hosting' the evening. Under THAT circumstance, I'm not too sure how many (honest) questions are going to be allowed to be answered, or, indeed, if the questions will be 'staged' (pre-written) to avoid any legal problems.

Ex-director and ex-manager, they may have more bridges to burn.

Something provoked the event, so hopefully some honest answers can come to light.

5 minutes ago, Countyman said:

Interesting to see how Kevin Nolan will be approaching this, I can't see him saying much that may effect him from being employed by another club. As a chairman won't like these types of things but as fans we do want him to be open.

Very open so far, but we think he won’t talk much about Notts and it may be unlikely that they’ll allow questions.

We shall see.

Very entertaining, it's interesting to hear him refer to the Bolton chairman under his time there as 'Sam'. He keeps emphasising that he's a good chairman, a one of a kind and if he said something he would do it.

Plenty of comments which may or not be digs at a certain person.

I'm very much enjoying it.

They've taken a break now but it should be the interesting part coming up. I hope they allow questions from the floor.

Archived