Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fan of Big Tone

Daily chat thread - Friday 28th September

Recommended Posts

Good morning PoN I’m afraid you all failed my little test yesterday to see if you were awake, I put the wrong date on the Daily Chat Thread, well actually i confess it was a mistake so I’ve slapped myself on the wrist. 😀

Its a lovely bright morning again and set to be dry but cooler than yesterday, which will be good because we are doing a long walk today to do some maintenance on our geocaches which are miles from any parking, we’re taking some sandwiches and a drink and making a day of it. Anyone else into geocaching?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching

Tonight it’s one of Mrs. Big Tones homemade curries Chicken Passanda.

Have a great day folks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Today i've had our food shopping delivered and i am going to hopefully do abit of diy before i go and pick my girls up from school.

I really need to get some other stuff done, but never seem to get round to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I am catching up with the duties I haven't been able to perform.

I allowed the new dashboard template to go live last night, I need a bit of help with a few things - so I am grateful that there's that support and help out there. I owe a lot to this person and it goes to show how people behind the scenes have a great impact on this community and site.

I'm also dealing with the football group I run, I had two drop out at the last minute and now I have replaced them.

I'm focusing on other site stuff now, going through the posts and then I will check the ACP/server out.

About 6:30, I'll be getting ready to become the Nottingham Pirlo. 🤣

5 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Anyone else into geocaching?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching

This reminds of those books people would leave around to encourage reading or share cryptic puzzle games. Also, the very dangerous leave a USB thumb drive in a brick wall - I hope Geocaching doesn't attract idiots to ruin that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same as every other day mostly, wake up, do house work and then chill out.

It's not easy to get a job at all.

I'm considering doing agency work but I hate it, it's never the same location and they treat you like rubbish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been at Uni for the most part of the day.

I am currently studying techniques and well known speeches at the moment, the amount of work I have to do in my own time is also overwhelming but it's a good feeling. In the next few hours I will draft up The Build-Up for PON.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a great countryside walk maintaining geocaches, all are now up and running again and we got 15,000 steps under our belts. It was a lovely sunny day but not too warm, we hardly saw anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chris said:

Today I am catching up with the duties I haven't been able to perform.

I allowed the new dashboard template to go live last night, I need a bit of help with a few things - so I am grateful that there's that support and help out there. I owe a lot to this person and it goes to show how people behind the scenes have a great impact on this community and site.

I'm also dealing with the football group I run, I had two drop out at the last minute and now I have replaced them.

I'm focusing on other site stuff now, going through the posts and then I will check the ACP/server out.

About 6:30, I'll be getting ready to become the Nottingham Pirlo. 🤣

This reminds of those books people would leave around to encourage reading or share cryptic puzzle games. Also, the very dangerous leave a USB thumb drive in a brick wall - I hope Geocaching doesn't attract idiots to ruin that.

Unfortunately Geocaching does attract some people who seem intent on ruining other people’s fun by trashing a geocache or stealing it but there are those sorts in all walks of life sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done the weekly shop, been to work, nothing exciting really. And we all know where i'll be tomorrow eh. 

 

Down the Lane, that is the Meadow. COYP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Unfortunately Geocaching does attract some people who seem intent on ruining other people’s fun by trashing a geocache or stealing it but there are those sorts in all walks of life sadly.

Thankfully the ultimate friend, namely Google, has just explained what the bloody hell geocaching is! Never heard of it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About PON

ponnewlogo.png.17a29933b1a08c7869bec7999

Pride of Nottingham is an independent fansite devoted to Notts County, the world’s oldest league football club. Created in 2013, it has served as a source of Magpie news, features, match previews, reports, analysis and interviews for more than three years.

Support PON

Enjoy our content? Want to help us grow? Your donation will go a long way towards improving the site!

donate-pon.png

Meet the Team

Chris Chris Administrators
Magic magpie Magic magpie Administrators
ARLukomski ARLukomski Administrators
CliftonMagpie CliftonMagpie Global Moderators
super_ram super_ram Media

Social Media

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Pride of Nottingham uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. To approve, simply continue using the site or click 'I accept' Terms of Use.