Sign in to follow this  
menzinho

Who would be your replacement for Milsom?

As Milsom will now be serving a 3 match ban, that opens up a spot in our midfield and we're not exactly short of options!

Vaughan, Husin, Kellet, Crawford and Patching will all be vying to take the spot.

Personally I'd go with Vaughan, he's very skilful and whilst no longer the most energetic I think Hewitt's mobility can help offset that. I am intrigued by Crawford though, having come through at non-league level I think he could cope with the physicality of League 2 football.

So who would you like to see partner Hewitt? Or would you pick a different pairing altogether?

• Like 3

I think he will go for Hewitt and Husin because he doesn't seem to be playing or even benching Vaughan. Don't know if he is injured or if it's for personal reasons. 

Glad its not me making the decision as I'm not that convinced with any of them to be honest. I think he will probably go with Husin to be honest, but there is something about him that I'm just not sure about and think he is a bit of a liability. 

For Vaughan to work, I think we need to go to a 3 in the middle which I cannot see happening.

• Like 1

David Vaughan - Noor Husin hasn't been consistent at all and I suspect he will start but it's unfair to me.

People have defended Ross Fitzsimons but have gotten onto Lewis Alessandra, David Vaughan, Elliott Hewitt etc. Isn't it time we give him some confidence and try to get the player we know we can out of him? He's way better than people give him credit and he has been pretty consistent.

It's those calling Shaun Brisley to leave, yet they defend Richard Duffy. 🤷‍♂️🤣

• Like 1

David Vaughan deserves a chance to come back into the team, I wouldn't have started Rob Milsom against Crawley but heyho.

Husin could do a job in the middle but he seems a distant shadow of what he used to be like, I think he's starting to show less passion and he seems pretty moody on match days now. Vaughan or Crawford might be a good call too, both have the ability to change and impact the game well.

Kewell will have ideas I am sure.

Put Thomas on the wing and adjust Allessandra into the middle?

He seems to thrive drifting in the centre of the park and he seems the ideal choice to me, obviously I don't see how he plays each week but I feel he could do the job.

Agree with Alesandra in midfield & bring Thomas in on the wing. I might be tempted to bring Kellett in if he’s fit but Harry can see something in Husin and will probably play him.

I think we’ll need a bit of steel in there on Saturday.

Edited by Truefootballfan

Would be husin for me, doesn't always come off but he always tries to pass forwards, however Vaughan never loses the ball because he only ever passes backwards or sideways so I haven't been impressed given the reputation but wouldn't be upset if he started

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@ohstanleyaborah Unfortunately, Vaughan has been consistent in being caught in possession and losing the ball

No, I disagree.

David Vaughan is a tidy player and what I have seen at Meadow Lane he's calm on the ball. I have seen Elliott Hewitt and Rob Milsom give the ball away far more than Vaughan has. Usually it's the players he gives it to end up losing the ball.

10 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Vaughan never loses the ball because he only ever passes backwards or sideways so I haven't been impressed given the reputation but wouldn't be upset if he started

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

I would like to see what he can do within a settled squad, things have improved so much since we last saw Vaughan play and I feel he can do a lot more. I do wonder if some of the criticism falls onto just because of where he came from.

He's done well whenever I have seen him play.

I would say Lewis Alessandra myself, if not him well Tom Crawford would do but I would be tempted to give Nathan Thomas a start just because this allows Terry Hawkridge to make the bench and get a chance to come on. He's a tidy footballer, however Alessandra can do the job but I do have faith in Crawford.

I don't think Noor Husin has stepped up this season he either does well or he plays quite averagely.

On 03/10/2018 at 18:50, Fozzy said:

For Vaughan to work, I think we need to go to a 3 in the middle which I cannot see happening.

I think Vaughan would work out okay with a runner/someone doing the defensive work.

I think 3 CM's would be overkill for what is needed and we haven't seen him play in a squad where everyone is doing well. He seems a bit of an escape goat for me, as he looks to be a great player even at his age.

12 hours ago, BigBill said:

No, I disagree.

David Vaughan is a tidy player and what I have seen at Meadow Lane he's calm on the ball. I have seen Elliott Hewitt and Rob Milsom give the ball away far more than Vaughan has. Usually it's the players he gives it to end up losing the ball.

@BigBill some of Vaughan's passes have been short... I agree he is a tidy player but on the games I have seen, he is not what we needed when O'Connor went to Lincoln. Nolan's swansong...

• Like 2

Think Kewell's had his work cut out sorting the midfield out which Nolan left him, and he's done a fine job bringing Milsom back and putting some bite back there.

Now for me i would put an arm round Nathan Thomas's shoulder and ask him to do a job for us at CM while Milsom serves his ban, you would hope KH would try to sort this out in the training sessions? 

3 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@BigBill some of Vaughan's passes have been short... I agree he is a tidy player but on the games I have seen, he is not what we needed when O'Connor went to Lincoln. Nolan's swansong...

Just look how much Elliott Hewitt has improved under Harry Kewell.

David Vaughan can do a job if he's given the same push as any of the other players.