Match Discussion: FA Cup - The Tykes (A)

PON_News

FA Cup - The Tykes (A)

Team: Barnsley

Date: 10/11/18

Where: Oakwell

What line-up should Harry Kewell opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

So it's the fa cup a chance for Harry to try something new and change formation maybe players. We really need a good run in the cup just for morale but the league comes first. 

We need to go out attacking and score first take the game to Barnsley and use the power of the under dog to help give us that extra push and energy. 

We want have the home field advantage but I know the fans who go to oakwell will be the 12th man. 

1 hour ago, ARLukomski said:

Barnsley 5-0 Notts

Moncur x2, Mowatt, Moore, Lindsay

Expect nothing and will be totally embarrassed. Club is so far from anything at the minute. If Kewell wants to learn how to play passing football with a good balance I suggest he watch Daniel Stendel's side

Bit negative mate you never know fingers crossed 

Supporter+

It’s be typical of Notts to go and nick this it depends on the players attitudes, if Barnsley make changes and their players turn up thinking it’s an easy game then if Notts players turn up detetermined to fight for every ball and everything clicks into place we could cause an upset.

There are a lot of ifs there but who knows?

15 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

It’s be typical of Notts to go and nick this it depends on the players attitudes, if Barnsley make changes and their players turn up thinking it’s an easy game then if Notts players turn up detetermined to fight for every ball and everything clicks into place we could cause an upset.

There are a lot of ifs there but who knows?

I’m hoping we Nick it mate I really do I would love a home tie in the fa cup

Of course all the odds are against us and to be honest I am not fussed about cup competitions at our level. Yes, if we progress a bit we gain some much needed cash but along the way we also gain injuries, player fatigue and in the end probably a sound thrashing that helps no one.

I’ll be happy if we come out of it having played well with a respectable score line.