Kewell gone

ARLukomski

Strongly believe this is for our survival now. Kewell had an idea of playing lovely passing football and in reality all we needed was points on the board which we were not getting. THIS NEXT APPOINTMENT is CRUCIAL. Otherwise our time in the football league could be over. Personally I have no qualms over his departure. I never thought for one second he would be the man to get us up into the play-offs. A new face is needed and I praise Hardy for realising that.  

i dont think notts will be able to attract a big name manager, alan hardy is quickly turning into ray trew. very trigger happy and thinks the easiest thing to do is sack the manager. if we cannot get a good manager in notts could be stuffed.

should have stuck with nolan for longer.

After that last contemptuous delusional interview at the weekend he had to go. The man was completely clueless and I actually have a bit more respect for AH in realising that he had made a terrible mistake and has acted quickly enough to hopefully avert the disaster awaiting us if he had left Kewell in charge.

He will probably go for the man i think he wanted in the first place in Neil Ardley, but for me, Ferguson would be the better choice.

Sorry @liampie but i think Nolan had lost the plot personally and  was more interested in ranting about the referees, rather than his own poor signings. His football was one dimensional and he was unable to adapt to the change needed with the players signed in the summer. Look at the squad deficiencies, it is all his doing in not addressing them in the summer.

The issue for me is Alan Hardy.

He applied the pressure to Kevin Nolan by trying to use the transfer market as a way to sell season tickets and massively lift the expectations, he should have allowed Nolan to build the squad and keep the promotion target something private. Fans would have gotten excited naturally, but everything Hardy does seems to be very negative right now. I agree he's turning into Ray Trew with how he disposes managers.

His next decision needs to be spot on but he's ruining all the progress that has been made now.

Notts are in a pretty big crisis if a good manager can't be found.

Michael Appleton would be a fantastic appointment. A few weeks ago he outlined his philosophies in terms of playing and recruitment and his desire to get back into management in an interview we recorded. If he is the man to replace Kewell, this might be interesting to listen to!

Wrong or right decision it makes sense to me it happens now.

Give a new manager longer to work with the players, so he knows exactly what to bring in if needed during January. Paul Hart should take temporary charge, the search needs time and careful consideration.

I would thank Harry Kewell for trying and for removing us out of the relegation zone. Good luck to him.

I think after Harry Kewell's last post match reaction it said it all, he had became incredibly arrogant and could have caused more demand than good. He reminded me a lot of Kevin Nolan before his departure, the only difference is Nolan seem to know that he was on borrowed time.

The next manager is a crucial decision, it's important that experience comes in.

Please do not appoint Paul Hart, he would be another step backwards for the club.

It wasn't a great appointment in the first place. No real managerial experience. His talking in press conferences were top draw but his actions were anything but that. Right decision by Hardy but at the wrong time. Maybe he could of succeeded had he recruited more inn January but just like Nolan they haven't got the time to prove it. I'll still say Nolan should of stayed. But now I want to see a manager who has experience preferably Neal Ardley. 

The decision needs to be sensible on who replaces Harry Kewell, we cannot opt for a named manager again.

Notts have their league status hanging in the balance.

I would also hope that Paul Hart only takes temporary charge because we need a visionary as the next manager, someone who can place building blocks and build for the future. The way Notts could play shouldn't take importance over the results. Notts have to win now at all costs.

2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Sorry @liampie but i think Nolan had lost the plot personally and  was more interested in ranting about the referees, rather than his own poor signings. His football was one dimensional and he was unable to adapt to the change needed with the players signed in the summer. Look at the squad deficiencies, it is all his doing in not addressing them in the summer.

this was just pressure of the job, i do feel kn had a plan and struggled due to inexperience. if he had ph by his side it would have been easier imo.

I saw the news on tv. Although it was expected at some point soon, i wasn't expecting before christmas. He really wasnt doing well but i dont think hardy would like it if all the fans had the choice to sack the chairmen like he does managers... Same goes for the trews. They'd be out of a job as soon as they got into it.

Oh dear, oh dear.

2 months ago Alan Hardy said this about Harry Kewell; “it’s a shame it’s only a 3 year contract, I’d have liked it to have been more but we’re restricted by what we’d like to do. If I could have given him a 5 year contract, I’d have given him a 5 year contract. We’ve got a plan, we’ve got a journey that we’re going on and this man is going to deliver it for us”.

I don’t know what to say really… I can’t say I’m surprised as HK didn’t endear himself to the fans and the performances had taken another dive. But, he hasn’t really had much of chance. I think there must have been behind the scene clashes which has lead to this abrupt sacking.

I just can’t understand all the **** Hardy gets. He can’t do right for doing wrong. People wanted Nolan out and he was gone, he tried to go with a generally acknowledged up & coming coach costing him a fortune, people then started calling for his head after a few weeks and he’s gone ! 

So far I have seen about 15 names quoted of who people want, no doubt who ever he appoints, if we aren’t winning 10 games in a row after a few days the nex incumbent will be on the chopping block.

PLEASE whoever we get let’s get behind them and the Chairman and give the club some breathing space.

Archived