PONcast Episode 50

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,284
  • Days Won:  80

The latest Pride of Nottingham PONcast is now live!

Join @Chris and @samwatto2008 for episode 50.

The lads review the recent Derby day game against Mansfield Town away at Field Mill.

They also discuss how David Vaughan and Nathan Thomas played in the last game. whilst touching upon the speculation that Kevin Nolan was coming back as Notts County's manager before Neal Ardley was appointed.

Finishing off with their thoughts on the players wages which is rumoured be causing a disruption and the appointment of Academy Manager Dave Regis.

What do you think about the talking points mentioned in this PONcast?

• Chris featured this topic

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Good show lads, well balanced and your only discussing the rumours started by the Nottingham Post and elsewhere. What are you supposed to discuss?

Alan Hardy leaving Twitter be is a good thing, once people allow things to become personal it just creates issues. He seems to now be aware of this but overall I enjoyed the show. Don't be discourage by silly comments.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

they have improved, the discussions are your opinion and from whats being discussed elsewhere. i dont see why people need to be idiots, which is what they are. dont lower yourselves to their level. plenty of people enjoy the poncasts and appreciate the additional listens from those that supposedly did not like it but decided to fully listen.

looking forward to the tranmere preview.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

The thing about rumours anyone can make them up, nobody knows if the issues are down to debts, the board, manager or a combination of several things. Just remember opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

Enjoyable show lads, focus on the positives because this has come on leaps and bounds.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

The PONcasts are excellently produced, they sound great and are something I enjoy.

As for the Vaughan/Ward wages part, nobody knows but you would have to be pretty dim not to understand what was said. IF wages are causing any sort of issue I think there would be signs, it seems more related to the fitness and woeful tactics. Very good episode.

The hits say it all!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think the episodes quite balanced and any rumours a fan site would naturally discussed, I do feel there's a lack of fitness and chemistry within the squad. I'm not sure how you can cherry pick what the meaning is but I know people enjoy them.

The main thing is myself and @samwatto2008 aren't dismissive of subjects we feel are worthy of being spoken about.

Likewise we put in every effort to discuss what we feel.

Some people can't accept opinions, others have hidden agendas and some well aren't to be bothered about.

• Content Count:  363
  • Days Won:  0

I am aware of the negativity on Twitter even though I don't use it.

A word of advice is that negative people always tend to have a reason behind their madness, they're best ignored. The blogger clearly has an hidden agenda and he seems very harsh with his "points", it's quite sad how people can't just disagree but be thankful for their promotion. The most vocal people are loudmouths, nothing more and it reads almost personal which is shocking to see fans behaving in such a manner towards their own.

I think the issues with Notts is more the imbalance that is within the squad, not related to wages.

I forgot to comment yesterday when I listened but keep up the good work, people will be respectful of your opinions and those that seem to spread hate will only help you. That's why it seems very pointless for their moaning tweets. If they don't like something, why spread the awareness. People want to be right and in their circle not many will show how much a fool they're acting. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  128

The PONcast episodes are always food for thought lads, well produced and much better than listening to rants around Notts games. 👍

• Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

Excellent as always! Don't be down because one or two got their mates to be disrespectful. I am sure half of those offenders make rubbish up on a weekly basis.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

Now I have listened to this episode, I am eager to listening to the preview.

Keep up the good work!

@BigBill is spot on though with what he said.

• Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

16 hours ago, SmithyPie said:

The PONcast episodes are always food for thought lads, well produced and much better than listening to rants around Notts games. 👍

Thanks Pal :) That's the way we try and go about things. I would personally rather listen to a discussion about topics and actually gauge peoples opinions instead of reading through a pointless twitter thread. 

• Content Count:  128

Some of the things said during games makes me scratch my head, I think its the same for most fans who are more rounded with their views. I feel both you and Chris do an excellent job balancing things out.

• Content Count:  1,099
  • Days Won:  2

Slow down lads, I have only just been notified that there is another PONcast!

I have read the comments and I don't really know why anyone would be mardy about what was said, I can't comment on that. I enjoy the PONcasts and I think the only criticism you should listen to is constructive. If someone my age or younger, maybe older are spouting unsupportive opinions take them with a pinch of salt. These are well produced. They sound excellent and I do enjoy them.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

Good PONcast! I listened to the preview first and then this. 😆

• liampie unfeatured this topic

Archived