Would you give Jamie Turley a new deal?

Chris

27 members have voted

1. 1. Does Jamie Turley deserve a new deal with Notts?

• Yes, give him a two-year-deal!
    • Give him a year.
    • Depends on the finances and who else might be available.
    • No....

There's no talk about the contract discussions yet, however his deal will soon expire and unless it's actually done and dusted behind the scenes - it's not looking promising. However, I am a big fan of Jamie's approach. He deals with threats quite well and is miles better than Richard Duffy (Turley actually tries).

In this league he's someone I would have in the squad any day of the week.

What do you think?

2 year deal for me. If which is possible right now we go down to the National League he is exactly what we need at that level. I hope recruitment can see that and prepare for the worst. Not get stuck up their arses and keep saying were too good to go down as that isn't true.

Jamie - many times, this season - has been one of the few - that I've felt has "given his all" in a Notts shirt.

Watching him get his eye 'stitched/clicked' in one match - and then 'go again' afterwards, made me feel that this kind of 'loyalty'- plain for all to see - should be rewarded with renewal of his Contract.

And if it isn't, then I honestly don't know who or what we're 'looking for' in our players for this club!

Give him a two-year-deal and the keys to Meadow Lane.

He needs to settle down and just imagine how good he could be if everyone around him gave their all? A good defence would showcase that Jamie Turley could be one of the best defenders we've had in recent years. All defenders make mistakes, some are more critical of him than they're of Richard Duffy (which is absolutely baffling).

Not so certain anymore to be honest, he is a player who gives his all but has he improved the defence? That is still open for debate. A defence is all about balance and I'm not sure he brings that to ours, he has a bit of a habit of berating others for when he too is culpable.

I hate Duffer as much as the next man, but would like to see a better version of him, rather than just a tank.

Bring in a decent authoritative goalkeeper first and foremost, because without one of them our side would even make Van Dijk look average.

It would be madness to see Jamie Turley released, especially as any number of league teams could come in for him.

If any fan doesn't feel Jamie has improved the squad, just look at the goals before he arrived. He's made the odd mistake, he seems the type of player who would acknowledge this but he works hard to improve. You could make a feature length film out of some of the other players mistakes the likes of Dan Jones and Richard Duffy.

• liampie unfeatured this topic

Fully expect to see him and Ward released now, especially after Evina appears to have signed until the end of the season (although I wouldn't have kept him). You can keep signing as many central defenders as you like, but you have to stop the coming at you from the middle of the park and the flanks. A new right back, striker and another midfielder are the priority now, especially if O'Brien is as injury prone as they all say he is.

Archived