Ratings Notts v Cambridge

Piethagoram

Based on a mean of 5

Schofield 5 Difficult to judge on his League debut. Barely troubled, one good save in the first half, beaten by powerful header

Barclay 5 Gives the impression that Brighton take Hall back on proviso we give one of their other centre halfs a go. Nothing spectacular / average

Duffy 5.5 Always give a vocal performance

Bird 5 Some poor distribution first half but he does tackle. Should he have been marking Cambridge's goal scorer? Need to see the goal video

Hewitt 4 Not a full back, not even a wing back. Offered nothing offensively and cambridge targeted his lack of aerial ability

Evina 5.5 Some really good overlapping runs first half but one is never certain for the quality of the final ball

O'Brien 6.5 Better first half, faded in second but at least he offered some drive in central midfield

Milsom 4 Is fitness a real issue? Seem to go missing for long periods

Alessandra 4 A ten minute purple patch in the first half , but then goes anonymous... One begins to see why both he and Thomas were relegated with the 'pool

Dennis 5.5  One real turn and shot from a tight angle but little  else of note

Stead 5 Not given anything from the ref, consistently being held...but in truth offered nothing in terms of goal scoring threat

Subs

Thomas 3 What a waste of a free kick when we needed it most

Etete 4 Found it hard to make an impact

Why no 3rd sub? Unbelievable given the lack of impact by this team

Duffy was shocking, very impractical with his actual marking. He rarely picked someone up and chose often to drift into a position whereby he was of absolutely no use whatsoever. Sorry but 5.5 is kind, as he hide half of the time and it was pretty obvious.

Him and Hewitt for me was the worst performers, neither could kick the ball clear or into safety.

59 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

Schofield 5 Difficult to judge on his League debut. Barely troubled, one good save in the first half, beaten by powerful header

It was more of a looping header, and if he hadn't have jumped around (losing his focus in the process) he may have gotten something to the ball - as it did seem a pretty easy save but again, nobody defended.

Easily and such a poor goal to concede, otherwise Schofield looked quality.

Based on a mean of 5
Barclay 5 Gives the impression that Brighton take Hall back on proviso we give one of their other centre halfs a go. Nothing spectacular / average
Duffy 5.5 Always give a vocal performance
Bird 5 Some poor distribution first half but he does tackle. Should he have been marking Cambridge's goal scorer? Need to see the goal video
Hewitt 4 Not a full back, not even a wing back. Offered nothing offensively and cambridge targeted his lack of aerial ability
Evina 5.5 Some really good overlapping runs first half but one is never certain for the quality of the final ball
O'Brien 6.5 Better first half, faded in second but at least he offered some drive in central midfield
Milsom 4 Is fitness a real issue? Seem to go missing for long periods
Alessandra 4 A ten minute purple patch in the first half , but then goes anonymous... One begins to see why both he and Thomas were relegated with the 'pool
Dennis 5.5  One real turn and shot from a tight angle but little  else of note
Stead 5 Not given anything from the ref, consistently being held...but in truth offered nothing in terms of goal scoring threat
Subs
Thomas 3 What a waste of a free kick when we needed it most
Etete 4 Found it hard to make an impact
Why no 3rd sub? Unbelievable given the lack of impact by this team

Very generous I think.

Schofield 4. Distribution was faulty
Hewitt 3. Not a wing back
Bird 5 did OK
Duffy 5 the centre backs were not the problem today
Barclay 5
Evina 5 did try but is too inconsistent. Some good forward runs but some poor passing
Milsom 3 ineffectual
O’Brien 6 needed him in August
Alessandra 3 no end product and not much effort
Dennis 5. We must play to his feet, not hoof it at him.
Stead 2. Sorry to say this but he’s past it now. Can’t hold the ball up anymore.
Thomas 0. Appalling
Etete not on long enough to judge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schofield 6 - Barely had owt to do

Barclay 5 - Did his job. The three centre half's didn't look greatly troubled 

Duffy 6 - Looked alright. Vocal. Was trying to help Bird calm down after one of his passes went astray. 

Bird 5 - Was ok. Needs to stop going for the Nicky Hunt diagonal pass. 

Hewitt 1 - Generous. That 1 is for completing a pass to a teammate in the first half. Clueless as to what he was supposed to be doing

O'Brien 6 - Looks like he actually cares and tried his best to grab hold of the game

Milsom 0 - Absolutely useless. One of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Notts player. How can a footballer be so unbelievably awful. He gets the ball turns back and passes it back. Another player who doesn't impact the game in any way at all. Should be arrested for pretending to be a footballer

Evina 5 - Does his best to get forward and made a brilliant run in the first half to get past two Cambridge players. Did ok defensively despite having no protection from Milsom

Alessandra 2 - Don't know if it's match fitness or not but when you are in the No.10 role you need to be constantly moving and half the time he looked bored

Stead 2 - Like a BMW X5 that's been clamped. He works hard and I will always thank him for his hard work at the club but he's past it 

Dennis 4 - We have never played to his strengths. Probably should have scored. 

Subs

Thomas 0 Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. He's appalling. He makes Adam Campbell look good

Etete 3 -  Tough for him being thrown into a hugely difficult situation this season. Not ready yet. Needs to be loaned out.

Ardley 3 - Never ever play Milsom again. Needs to get a target man and a right back in. Another centre mid as well. While he's at it he may as well tell all the medical staff to find a new job 

Those of you giving Dennis any more than a 1 need a re-think. Whilst we tried to hoof it up to him as we normally do, the lack of effort was clear for all to see. In addition to this, his touch is so embarrassingly poor I can see why we don't bother playing it to his feet. A non league player and will take us there as he did with Chesterfield. Attempting to clear it by thumping the ball into his own face summed it up.

Other ones especially ****:

-Milsom. Bambi in a Notts shirt, please do **** off. Offers nothing.
- Thomas - Terminate his loan ASAP.
- Alessandra - Rusty.
- Stead - terrible, first touch so bad that his second touch was  a foul.

On 13/01/2019 at 07:11, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Those of you giving Dennis any more than a 1 need a re-think. Whilst we tried to hoof it up to him as we normally do, the lack of effort was clear for all to see. In addition to this, his touch is so embarrassingly poor I can see why we don't bother playing it to his feet. A non league player and will take us there as he did with Chesterfield. Attempting to clear it by thumping the ball into his own face summed it up.

what would you rate richard duffy then? he spent most of the time trying to avoid being near the ball.

kristian dennis tried, he nearly scored three times and can only do what he can with the poor service. maybe attend the game live and you will see things off the camera.

18 hours ago, liampie said:

what would you rate richard duffy then? he spent most of the time trying to avoid being near the ball.

kristian dennis tried, he nearly scored three times and can only do what he can with the poor service. maybe attend the game live and you will see things off the camera.

Apart from the goal, I felt the defence played quite well, and Duffs was a big part of that. 5 or a 6.

Well OK, if he tried it's fine.....

Sorry, that just doesn't cut it. I can run around like a headless chicken all game, my touch will be awful and I'll have no pace or any idea what I'm supposed to be doing, much like Dennis on Saturday. There's a valid reason why 3 managers so far have not seen him good enough to start. In fact, the only games he has started are because Stead and/or Hemmings have not been available. Even at that you'll find people who would start a 16 yo prospect ahead of him. 

He's described as a 'fox in the box', or 'poacher', whichever way you want to dress it up. I understand that these type of players have their main attribute as finishing and being in the right place at the right time, but very few have it as their ONLY attribute. I can't see what Dennis offers apart from this, his touch is awful, he is not physical, he is not fast, he doesn't take on a man, he doesn't win aerial duels and his passing is adequate at best. Just can't see what else he is offering? When you're bottom of the FL, having a player who can finish and naff all else, is just not good enough I'm afraid. 

3 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Apart from the goal, I felt the defence played quite well, and Duffs was a big part of that. 5 or a 6.

Well OK, if he tried it's fine.....

Sorry, that just doesn't cut it. I can run around like a headless chicken all game, my touch will be awful and I'll have no pace or any idea what I'm supposed to be doing, much like Dennis on Saturday. There's a valid reason why 3 managers so far have not seen him good enough to start. In fact, the only games he has started are because Stead and/or Hemmings have not been available. Even at that you'll find people who would start a 16 yo prospect ahead of him. 

He's described as a 'fox in the box', or 'poacher', whichever way you want to dress it up. I understand that these type of players have their main attribute as finishing and being in the right place at the right time, but very few have it as their ONLY attribute. I can't see what Dennis offers apart from this, his touch is awful, he is not physical, he is not fast, he doesn't take on a man, he doesn't win aerial duels and his passing is adequate at best. Just can't see what else he is offering? When you're bottom of the FL, having a player who can finish and naff all else, is just not good enough I'm afraid. 

not sure how you can be harsh on dennis but praise duffy, he barely did anything.

at least dennis tried with a very limited service and you make him sound extremely lazy, which is what i would label the useless cb that has more than 9 lives.

4 hours ago, liampie said:

not sure how you can be harsh on dennis but praise duffy, he barely did anything.

at least dennis tried with a very limited service and you make him sound extremely lazy, which is what i would label the useless cb that has more than 9 lives.

He's a defender - he defended! If you don't notice a CB, good! It means he's doing his job.  Not sure exactly what you expect him to do, be running from CB, taking on the whole team and scoring?

Compare that to a striker, if you don't notice a striker, he's not doing anything....

Archived