Match Discussion: Game 29 - The Glovers (A)

PON_News

Game 29 - The Glovers (A)

Team: Yeovil Town

Date: 19/01/19

Where: Huish Park

Yeovil.png.2ecd874a0a770f43fb21b0df2816e

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I actually feel like Notts can get something from this game, Yeovil are a real Jekyll and Hyde team at home. The big question is can Notts put together a convincing performance good enough to make them struggle? I think it's possible, if we can get two goals early on in the first half - I do think the game will favour us.

However, most likely the game will be decided in the second half.

I just hope we can keep Jon Stead fired and up for causing some trouble, as for me he's the player most likely to score. COYP!

• Like 2

• Chris featured this topic

Notts could really get something out of this game but the defence need to support Schofield and firm up start working as unit not single players. 

A Midfielder or two will need to help out the defence and feed early balls to the strikers who need to be in goal scoring form. 

o’Brien could help out the defence he has some pace and could thread the ball to midfield who send it up front .. 

I think notts could gain some confidence from this game but how we play and the result will play a big part.

I would love to be positive about the game but I am struggling to see us getting anything tomorrow. Not that Yeovil are much to shout about but we have been so poor so far that without more signings I feel we will be left wanting AGAIN !

Presumably we’ll continue to launch it up to Stead and he’ll continue to lose 95% of them...... 2 - 0 Yeovil for me unfortunately. 😕

I wonder how tense other fans feel? Today's a must perform and a must win game, a draw would be okay but failing to get 3 points would be massively disappointing. The players need to fight more and show more determination, it's okay for the club and certain players to ask us fans not to write them off - yet where's the sign that they will return the backing? Most fans I know would always give their support.

Today could open a door or slam one in our faces, I feel for those attending and I hope they can generate a fantastic atmosphere.

I am sure they will remind the club that we won't go down without a fight, even if the players are too soft to respond or play with pride. Now is the time to step forward, as I do honestly believe that playing well against Yeovil could see us grab the first away win since Macclesfield.

I won't be listening to the game, I feel sick. The fear of relegation is starting to creep in but I'll be sending positive vibes through my friends.

did the notts players even turn up?

i think they need to think about their careers now and how their performances are impacting that, if they can try for the fans or to do what the manager wants. maybe they should hang up their boots?

• Chris unfeatured this topic