Ratings Notts v Lincoln

Piethagoram

Schofield 6 Rarely troubled but could have he done better with Andrade's shot? Great goal but have a nagging doubt over the keeper's attempt?

Rose 6 Solid but sometimes final ball not quite good enough. Defensive duties made more solid by his inclusion in the team

Barclay 6 Certainly showed no fear against a Lincoln side where their aerial threat is perahaps the best in this division

Stubbs 7 Cool head, mobile and can pass. 

Milsom 4 What is frustrating, he gets into more forward positions but doesnt have the skill or pace to beat his man. Always looking to lay the ball off.

O'Brien 6 Worked well with Doyle, the pairing plug the enormous hole in our central midfield this season

Doyle 7.5 MotM Outshone O'Connor, crisp and slick passing to feet as well. Suddenly we look like building attacks rather than kick and hope

Alessandra 4.5 Crucially needlessly lost position that allowed Lincoln to break and score. Just occasional flashes of skill but one can say he is never truly effective. Defenders know he will always check back rather than beat them 

Boldewijn 6.5 Shows the trickery we have been missing but Bruno Andrade showed far more effectiveness from the Lincoln man

CMS 7 First I admit to being wrong, CMS has still got pace and chased down everything

Stead 6 Better service to him, won penalty...but chances for the rest of the game very few

Subs

Gomis 6 Has got pace, could have had an early chance but touch eluded him when passed to in penalty area with space to turn

Hemmings 6 welcome back, for powerful running, just a pity his shots lack the accuracy expected

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-lincoln-city-ratings-2500417 maybe Lee is reading @Piethagoram...an improvement in ratings analysis for once

Schofield

Rose

Barclay

Stubbs

Milsom

O'Brien

Doyle

Alessandra

Boldewijn

CMS

Stead

Agree with @jurgenpie marks appear harsher than I expected, Milsom looked solid defensively (noticed mark been adjusted) and yesterday for 1st time this season wasn’t worried as opposition attacked. From my view in the Kop, Schofield takes no blame for goal if any to be given got to be outfield for not closing down quick enough. 

Schofield 6 Dropped one from a cross, not too sure about the goal.

Rose 7 He had a good game, but for me he did look like a midfielder trying to play RB. Certainly does a better job than Hewitt.

Barclay 7 Solid, some wayward passes

Stubbs 7 Solid, gave away the penalty

Milsom 7 Tidy defensively and going forward, nothing spectacular but did his job well.

O'Brien 7 Can occasionally look a bit leggy and slow, but formed a good partnership with Doyle

Doyle 7.5  The know-how, good passer, broke up their play.

Alessandra 6 Defenders are scared of him because they never know what he'll do next, unfortunately, sometimes neither does he. Lost possession too often.

Boldewijn 7 Pace and directness, will be among the goals again soon.

CMS 7 Chases everything. Lacking that bit of extra quality, but should do well for us.

Stead 7 Held the ball up very well, sometimes wants too much time on the ball, got the penalty.

Subs

Gomis 6 Some good link up play, touch let him down at key moment.

Hemmings 6.5 Good with the ball at his feet.

Schofield 5.5 - didn't convince on crosses and maybe should have done better with their goal.
Rose 7 - solid defensively and offered something going forward.
Milsom 6.5 - did a good job at left back, certainly a better option than Jones.
Stubbs 7 - looked confident and composed, stood up well to the physical threat they offered.
Barclay 7 - as above.
Allessandra 6 - got involved in the first half, faded as the game went on.
Boldewijn 7 - a constant threat, good to see him back.
O'Brien 7 - formed a good partnership with Doyle, together they addressed one of our biggest problems.
Doyle 7.5* - Always in the action, held midfield together and gave us shape. Looks a very good signing.
Stead 6.5 - led the line well and won more headers than usual.
Mackail-Smith 7 - worked hard to close them down and offered plenty of movement up front.

Subs
Hemmings 6 - did ok when he came on, hopefully still has a part to play.
Gomis 6 - the odd glimpse of promise, let down by his control when his chance came.

A much better performance where we matched them for effort and had a central midfield for once. Unfortunately, the reality is that it's another game ticked off and we're only one point better off. The positive is that if we can repeat this level of performance over the rest of the season, we still have a bit of a chance.

Have to agree with @Super_Danny_Allsopp's marks. I thought Rose and Milsom both looked solid as full backs (this is Milsom's natural position by the way) but struggled to make an impact going forward. You've got to take the quality of the opposition into account though - this is a very different Lincoln side to the one we beat soundly last season.

Schofield 6.5 - he did well and made some good decisions.

Rose 6 - solid debut, he looked good.

Barclay 7 - steady at the back, dealt with most threats.

Stubbs 7.5 - very good defender by the looks of it, he never gave a penalty as the lincoln player dived.

Milsom 6 - looked more interested and linked the attacks well.

O'Brien 7 - good defensively, he got involved and communicated well.

Doyle 8.5 - outstanding, a true leader and a player who has been missing.

Alessandra 6.5 - did well going forward, his decision making was not the best and he could have done more at the back.

Boldewijn 7 - did well causing trouble but was fairly ineffective but overall good. 

CMS 9 - missed once subbed, great debut. he caused lincoln a lot of trouble, he looks a great signing.

Stead 7 - worked well with cms, he looked like he did not have to do so much and that shown with his clever play.

A much more positive set of ratings this week.It looks like the latest great escape is a distict possibility.Thanks to everyone who posted their ratings.

Schofield 7: Did all the right things against a very good team, he organised the team well and made several key decisions.

Rose 6.5: Good start, he looked quite lively until a fair way through and I think this wasn't due to effort.

Barclay 7: Solid performance at the back, he partnered Stubbs very well.

Stubbs 8: Outstanding debut performance, he looks like a very good defender.

Milsom 6.5: He ran and looked much better, he's still a bit clueless with his passing and link up play which is very wasteful but he had a good game.

O'Brien 7: No complaints, he did all the right things.

Doyle 8: In time I'll forgive him for his behaviour in Coventry games, unlike some I won't forget but he did very well. 🤣

Alessandra 6.5: Wasteful, ran and often into trouble but overall very acceptable in terms of performance because you could see him trying.

Boldewijn 7: Looks like he still needs minutes to be fully match fit, he had some good movement and linkup play but didn't see the Enzio we know.

CMS 10: He ran for dead balls nobody else would have thought about, he'd win them and turn them into chances. Yes, he seemed rusty but that didn't stop him from trying. Great performance and honestly I felt he was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Stead 7: Lead the front well, did all the right things and linked well with CMS. He made a huge difference to the chances created because he moved multiple players onto him and still managed to pass the ball.

How good were Lincoln?Did they look like a top of the table team?If the answers are good/very good and yes then the player ratings are extremely encouraging especially considering this was the first time they'd played as a team together.

Schofield 6 - Did a fine job in between the sticks. Pure passion after Akinde missed. He maybe looked a bit shaken from crosses but his overall performance was fine

Rose 7 - Did a good job on his debut despite not being in his normal position. Was influential in winning the penalty with a dangerous ball into the area

Barclay 8 - His best game in a Notts shirt. Dealt with Akinde really well and looks so much more comfortable in a back two

Stubbs 7 - A really good debut. Was brilliant apart from giving away the penalty. Looks very solid

Milsom 7 - Funny how much better he is at left back. Looked comfortable 

Boldewijn 6 - Showed flashes of what he is capable of and it looks like he might flourish now we actually have a midfield 

Doyle 8 - Superb leadership and good on the ball. Just his presence alone is enough to give the place a lift

O'Brien 7 - Played very well with Doyle in a midfield two. Maybe could have done better in the lead up to their goal but we should start to see his quality shine through soon

Alessandra 6 - Had some bright spells and showed a lot of energy in the first half but needs to shoot more when he gets into good positions

Stead 7 - Won the penalty and scored. Did very well first half and linked up play well but in the second half he grew tired and when the ball came to him, play slowed down

Mackail-Smith 7 - Great exuberance. Played with plenty of energy and almost got in on goal

Subs 

Hemmings 7 - Looked lively when he came on and linked up well with Gomis

Gomis 7 - Showed flashes of what he's capable of and will always be a threat to opposition defences in the coming games

Ardley 9 - Set us up really well. We looked good defensively and we looked a threat going forward. Need to carry on these performances 

After probably 2 training sessions together at best the improvement was astonishing. This just showed all the Ardley doubters that you can’t judge a proper manager until he has assembled his own team.

i think the markings are ridiculously harsh on some of the performances, so here’s my assessment:

Schofield 6 Didn’t have too much to do but looked confident and assured apart from one fumble. He would have got to the penalty as well, had it been on target.

Rose 7 Solid performance in a position he is not best suited. Great to have cover for Tootle at last.

Barclay 7.5 Showed why he was preferred to Bird. Nothing against Bird but the confidence showed through.

Stubbs 8 what a player this boy will be, Solid, assured & confident at such a young age. Yes  he gave away the penalty but it was missedso it didn’t matter.

Milsom 6 a tidy performance defensively and going forward, nothing spectacular but did his job from defence well.

O'Brien 8 Even better than his dabut what a partnership with Doyle this could turn out to be if they stay fit.

Doyle 8.5 The player everyone hates unless he’s in your team ! The extra .5 was for having the balls to scuff up the penalty spot before it was taken. Yes nasty but it’s what Notts need!

Alessandra 5.5 If he only had the confidence to take players on unfortunately, he loses  possession too easily, too often.

Boldewijn 7 plenty of pace and directness, final pass could be better.

CMS 7 Fantastic debut, chases everything and puts pressure on defenders early. Will be a great asset when fully fit.

Stead 6 Held the ball up well as long as it’s below shoulder height. Needs too much time on the ball. Yes he won the penalty but he is no longer a 90 minute player.

Subs

Gomis 6.5 Looks promising, could have had a debut goal with a little more luck.

Hemmings 6.5 Did ok, should do well with proper service from midfield.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Giving Ryan Schofield a young keeper 6 due to him looking nervous with corners!!! It was a big occasion for the lad, he played superbly well and some should hang their heads in shame for rating him so negatively especially when Ross Fitzsimons received the same or half of the marks for conceding far more. It just goes to show how some can't be fair.

The goal came from open play, it was well driven into the top corner and he nearly saved it!

Stop making excuses for some and being harsh on others, the blame falls with the two players who I won't name who failed to defend. 

15 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Giving Ryan Schofield a young keeper 6 due to him looking nervous with corners!!! It was a big occasion for the lad, he played superbly well and some should hang their heads in shame for rating him so negatively especially when Ross Fitzsimons received the same or half of the marks for conceding far more. It just goes to show how some can't be fair.

The goal came from open play, it was well driven into the top corner and he nearly saved it!

Stop making excuses for some and being harsh on others, the blame falls with the two players who I won't name who failed to defend. 

Can't really agree. You don't get extra points for being young. 

Comparison to Fitzsimons isn't really fair. Fitzsimons had a lot less in front of him, not to say he covered himself in glory, either. 

Schofield didn't have a great deal to do, he did well to punch some crosses, he dropped one, and he himself will maybe be a bit gutted he didn't get something on the goal, from the distance it was struck into the bottom corner.

@super_ram Lincoln did look very good. Last season I felt they looked like a soft touch, but this year's team is fast, powerful and gives you absolutely no time on the ball - when you're in possession, two or three of them are on you straight away. You can see why they're doing well. A few weeks ago they'd have flattened us.

@Super_Danny_Allsopp To be fair to Schofield, I think Lincoln were penalised for a push on him for the cross he dropped. Unless there was a different one?

On 04/02/2019 at 20:01, CliftonMagpie said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

A couple of things wrong with that post.  Firstly, he didn't play "superbly well", he had a slightly below par game in my opinion.  Secondly, saying he was beaten by a well driven shot into the top corner is plain wrong.  It was a low shot from 25 yards that I feel he should have got something on.   I thought it at the time from my seat in the stand, and TV replays have done nothing to change that.  I agree that his defenders should have done more to close the attacker down, but he seemed slow to react.  Don't get me wrong, I think he will make a good keeper in time, but Saturday wasn't his finest hour.  I would certainly pick him ahead of Fitzsimons, and I will highlight a couple of positives.  I loved the way he went around the whole team just before kick off wishing them all well (reminded me of Kaspar), and I loved the passion he showed celebrating in front of the Kop after their penalty miss.  He can only improve and I think he will turn out to be a good signing, but you can only give marks on what you see, and a 6 was the most he deserved against Lincoln.

10 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Can't really agree. You don't get extra points for being young. 

Comparison to Fitzsimons isn't really fair. Fitzsimons had a lot less in front of him, not to say he covered himself in glory, either. 

Schofield didn't have a great deal to do, he did well to punch some crosses, he dropped one, and he himself will maybe be a bit gutted he didn't get something on the goal, from the distance it was struck into the bottom corner.

1 hour ago, Elite_pie said:

A couple of things wrong with that post.  Firstly, he didn't play "superbly well", he had a slightly below par game in my opinion.  Secondly, saying he was beaten by a well driven shot into the top corner is plain wrong.  It was a low shot from 25 yards that I feel he should have got something on.   I thought it at the time from my seat in the stand, and TV replays have done nothing to change that.  I agree that his defenders should have done more to close the attacker down, but he seemed slow to react.  Don't get me wrong, I think he will make a good keeper in time, but Saturday wasn't his finest hour.  I would certainly pick him ahead of Fitzsimons, and I will highlight a couple of positives.  I loved the way he went around the whole team just before kick off wishing them all well (reminded me of Kaspar), and I loved the passion he showed celebrating in front of the Kop after their penalty miss.  He can only improve and I think he will turn out to be a good signing, but you can only give marks on what you see, and a 6 was the most he deserved against Lincoln.

your wrong about it being a 'low shot', it was a high drive shot which was placed into the bottom corner. it looped high and swerved into the corner, it was very well struck.

the run was allowed to happen by a lack of defending, tho its easy to blame the keeper.

how do you know his view was not obstructed? your opinion is that he played a six, besides he does a lot more. his kicking and distribution is much better and he communicates well with the defence. you shouldn't judge a keeper based on the saves, thats like judging strikers for their lack of goals and midfielders for the failure to assist.

Archived