Match Discussion: Game 32 - Green Devils (A)

PON_News

Game 32 - Green Devils (A)

Team: Forest Green Rovers

Date: 09/02/19

Where: The New Lawn

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I feel the games winnable but I do have that feeling that Lincoln City came last Saturday thinking the same and we made them work.

The key would be to control the game and remove any sort of pressure from the back, I think Ryan Schofield needs to start because he's actually improved things quite a lot for me. He's always speaking to the defenders and appears to have a mutal understanding with whoever plays in the CB positions. Jon Stead can't start on his own, Craig Mackail-Smith for me will be a live wire - getting him fired up could see him create chances or even score them.

4 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

FGR are beatable, Bury beat them recently IIRC. If we play like we did against Lincoln, we'll get a positive result, but picking up a point here and there, regardless of the opposition, isn't going to be enough.

I agree, as I mentioned above it's important we go into the Forest Green Rovers game with a mindset of working hard.

The away performances this season have lacked, especially considering the following and support given. Hopefully we'll see improves made here, yet for me I would be more confident if the game was played at Meadow Lane. That said, I do think we can win.

28 minutes ago, liampie said:

i still can only see a draw if they did, they need to work harder on creating chances but mackail smith fighting to impress would be good.

They do need to push on towards the goal abit more but not being against the top league club will help.

A win would give the team some steam and momentum going into the Mansfield game, with less expectations I think Notts should do well but the proofs in the pudding. Failure to capture 3 points could be a big disaster, so it won't be a walk in the park or completely stress free.

I don't want to get carried a way before the game, I will see how things go but I am confident that something can be got from the match. I just hope Neal Ardley rewards the players who played well, both starting and as a sub.

Allow the weaker performers to sit it out and get them going together.

21 minutes ago, allardyces tash said:

Agreed a win would be a good thing leading into Mansfield, it would give confidence but the results around us need to help. If they pick up points, then we are in the same situation.

I do feel Notts can win Forest Green.

They will need the confidence to go into the mansfield game, we haven't won them for ages.

I don't expect a win, although it would be nice. I just want to see the team putting in another steady performance because if that happens results will start to come our way. It's important the players focus and work hard first and foremost.

On 06/02/2019 at 17:19, themightymagpies said:

If Notts keep the ball on the deck and work hard, I am confident a good result will come but a draw won't be good enough, I'm sorry to say it but it's a must win match. Drawing right now doesn't bridge the gap at all.

Yeah, I agree. It's a must win game.

With the other teams picking points up, it just makes it harder for Notts. The fight must happen now!

proud feeling, the signings have been amazing and i think if we can keep some good form. we should try to ensure that we only add further quality to what we have by releasing the right players.

2-1 win feels strange but i hope i get used to it.