Match Discussion: Game 36 - The Robins (A)

PON_News

Game 36 - The Robins (A)

Team: Cheltenham Town

Date: 09/03/19

Where: Whaddon Road

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

10 games remaining, all of which are make or break.

With it getting to the crunch time, it's important more than ever to get three points. I'm not confident despite many fans telling me that they're optimistic about Notts gets a win. I can see it easily ending as a draw unless work has been done with regards to us sitting back too deep.

I seriously would convert the system back to 3 CB's and then have wing backs.

Try to get the ball forward more and tighten up in the centre.

If Notts screw up or fail to win, it's only going to get harder.

I don't see where a win will come from again and the players need to rekindle the support. It's doable but if they leave it late it won't see enough fans get behind it. 1-1 is my prediction.

Fail to win and it will only be true fans attending the games, I wonder how many will hang around if the clubs relegated. It would be a disaster and I am hoping Notts can bag a 2-0 win.

Stead and Enzio to score.

Should be an interesting game as Notts appears to have the confidence back. With the new players now settled in W are looking good and I think we should be ok. But we need to win the game though Macclesfield lost last week so I they lose again that should help us. The lads have to believe they can win and control the game, the passing shooting and defence has to be as one. 

Edited by super_ram
  • Like 1

I’ve given up predicting anything positive. There was a little bit of hope after the Lincoln & Mansfield games but that all fizzled out pretty quickly.

We have no regular goal scorer which has been an issue since Christmas 2017. We have had 3 managers this season and we are still bottom, 8 new players (not counting Kewell’s signings) and there’s been one constant John Stead,  what was it 9 goals last season about the same this season which is laughable for a player leading the forward line and he’s still first on the team sheet. Until someone realises  we need a recognised striker nothing will change. The money we are paying Vaughan would have secured the player we’ve been missing. Nolan said he gave Hardy a list and got everyone he wanted and now he’s blaming Hardy for the mistakes made.

We've played 40 away games in the league since the start of last season (2017-18). We've won 9. 4 of them were in the first two months of last season as well. 

We've also drew 11 and lost 20. That's 38 points from a possible 120. Cheltenham have won 4 out of their last 5 home games. 

Cheltenham's 4 wins came against struggling teams and in their other home game, they drew 1-1 with Bury. 

There just feels a certain inevitability about tomorrow  

Comprehensively beaten by Michael Duff’s (who?) Cheltenham Town… Other than Macc away I don’t think we’ve beaten any of the teams around us, we just can’t help ourselves can we. The season’s nearly over now and Harry Kewell is still responsible for half our wins this season. Where is the next win coming from, anyone see it?

Port Vale beat Mansfield which is something I’d usually be quite happy about; not tonight though. I’ll be amazed if we aren’t playing in the national league next season.

I gave up listening and went about my day after the second goal, same story with Notts. You hope for better but expect the worst. Relegation now seems confirmed unless this spineless squad can show some sort of fight.