Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Junior Magpies...

Okay, as far as the list of priorities this is quite low.

I admit this, however, I recall when it was ran with passion and a staple of the football club community. A part of Notts which brought young fans together, I know many fans who often ask if it's still running or disappointed when their events get cancelled.

In terms of pride and looking after our own, the worth of this is so much more important than that of what people think. If Notts is doing poorly, I don't see why the younger fans should be forgotten. Whilst I also hate this 'YOUng PIES', I would love to see the club invest some quality planning for this or at least see if the NCFITC could help to ensure it's done well.

Bring back the Junior Magpies I say, forget this silly re-branding.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamMagpies/

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Well that’s not good no updates for a while and it seems it’s been forgot about hopefully under new ownership that changes 

YOUngPIES sounds awful.

I thought it had be scrapped in all honesty, the club should hold its head in shame by failing to properly run it.

The reason its failing is due to the people behind it, the club used to get fans involved and certain names made it stronger. Since the club took over the full operation its been downhill ever since then.

Good memories of it when I was younger, shame the club doesn't care about the younger fans.

I used to be a member when I was younger, I think the club made it free and that could be where the problem is. If they charged a small fee and did more events I am sure it would become popular again.

I don't think the club can afford to lose younger fans.

I don't think the club cares enough about the younger generations of fans.

Junior Magpies used to be something I felt proud to be a member of when I was younger, I thought they had stopped doing it but I'm disappointed to see it seems to be half arsed.

Alot of things got scrapped and alot was focused on behind the scenes and the first team, but not correctly so it was just alot of wasted money.

Two things Notts could be proud of, the community work done by the Football in the Community and the Junior Mapgies.

I think the @NottsCountyFITC should look into taking it on.

I think the club once in steady hands should look at this and focus on making it not a failure, it used to be so much more.

This is all news to me I am afraid, younger fans do deserve some form of representation by the club.

Once everything else is sorted look into it, for now theres too much going on.

It used to be a firm pillar for the club, back when it was properly run. Something every die hard supporter would enrol their children into, it was a family thing. It's a shame the clubs allowed it to die.

On 10/05/2019 at 19:37, Chris said:

'YOUng PIES', I would love to see the club invest some quality planning for this or at least see if the NCFITC could help to ensure it's done well.

I used to be a member until I turned 11 or so, it just started to lose the focus and it was great meeting the players but when certain ones didn't turn up. It looked half arsed.

I agree with the comments mentioned, it's a shame that its been neglected as it does make a difference for younger supporters. The club should put more effort in running it or allowing the NCFITC to take over.