Sign in to follow this  
ARLukomski

Notts sign Regan Booty and Wes Thomas

Booty is a gem of a name for headline writers (see elsewhere on this site)! He's young and can develop further, which is good, and has also played in wide positions. Sounds alright so far. He was on loan at Aldershot last season, who didn't offer him a contract, and has been on trial at Bradford and Halifax too, who also didn't want him. I've also read a couple of posts from Aldershot fans who were far from complimentary about him. However, you've got to remember that it was his first season in senior football in a team that got relegated - perhaps there's more to come from him. Good luck to him certainly!

I'm a bit surprised to be honest as we've already got a choice between Doyle, O'Brien, Rose, Enzio, Dunn, Osborne, Crawford, Kellett and Patching in midfield. If Booty is planned for central midfield, it looks as though the last three of those are on their way out.

Welcome too to Wes Thomas. He's never been prolific but he has hit double figures in the last two seasons, both of which were in higher leagues than this one. He should be one who'll chip in with his share. To be honest I think our problem is not so much the lack of goals from strikers, but from the rest of the team. This hints at something a bit deeper than just the lack of a free-scoring striker.

It sounds a decent enough signing, but we are quite overloaded already in the centre. I hope he’s a calm quick passer, that can help create space.

On 12/08/2019 at 20:20, DangerousSausage said:

Booty is a gem of a name for headline writers (see elsewhere on this site)! He's young and can develop further, which is good, and has also played in wide positions. Sounds alright so far. He was on loan at Aldershot last season, who didn't offer him a contract, and has been on trial at Bradford and Halifax too, who also didn't want him. I've also read a couple of posts from Aldershot fans who were far from complimentary about him. However, you've got to remember that it was his first season in senior football in a team that got relegated - perhaps there's more to come from him. Good luck to him certainly!

I'm a bit surprised to be honest as we've already got a choice between Doyle, O'Brien, Rose, Enzio, Dunn, Osborne, Crawford, Kellett and Patching in midfield. If Booty is planned for central midfield, it looks as though the last three of those are on their way out.

Welcome too to Wes Thomas. He's never been prolific but he has hit double figures in the last two seasons, both of which were in higher leagues than this one. He should be one who'll chip in with his share. To be honest I think our problem is not so much the lack of goals from strikers, but from the rest of the team. This hints at something a bit deeper than just the lack of a free-scoring striker.

Neal Bishop scores with Booty..

Same we don't have Bishop anymore 😛