Sign in to follow this  
DangerousSausage

Frustration

After the Reedtz brothers saved us from possible extinction only a few weeks ago, there was an outpouring of gratitude. We were so thankful to be starting the season at all, with no dodgy property developers, no Smurthwaite and no points docked. Notts fans everywhere pledged to be patient as the culture of chopping and changing had gone on too long.

Now it was obvious we wouldn't settle for just existing for very long, especially if (as expected) our results didn't turn out too great. It's inevitable that when we start losing against teams we always considered beneath us frustration would take hold. But three matches? Really? At Eastleigh we fielded a team of strangers, against Stockport we had two centre halves who were signed the day before. Wins at that stage would have been little short of miraculous, regardless of what the opposition is called. I think many thought we would just start winning automatically, but in reality it will take us weeks to work out what our best team is, a process other clubs go through during pre-season.

That's not to say we should just accept anything though. We will need to see some evidence that the individuals in black and white are becoming a team and of course we simply cannot afford to get into the habit of losing again. At some point we'll be able to judge the work Neal Ardley has been doing and whether his team are good enough. It's my hope that he can stabilise us and we can use this squad as a foundation to build on in the future. Whether that'll happen I don't know yet.

Thoughts welcome below!

• Love 1

It’s never going to never plain sailing, I’d be more worried if we didn’t sign a striker and if the goals dried up. Firepower is the much needed tool right now, it’s got that bad I wished Lee Hughes would come back for one last season.

I’m just tired of our meltdowns, it’s early and people need to see the positive signs. All the performances have been okay, just struggling to create goal scoring chances. All the pressure is on the shoulders of Enzio boldewijn and Mitch Rose.

It will take time to settle. We have signed several players in such a short amount of time. We are basically a month behind every other team. However, we do need to see some progress being made. We need see aspects of the style of play we want to play and how we are going to win games. A lot of fans seem worried the squad will become bloated like last season. Others worry about our lack of creativity which for me is a big point. We have players in the reserves who can add something to the team but aren't being picked for one reason or another. 

Is it due to any of: Not being guaranteed game time, not in long term plans, attitude, falling out with Ardley. Who knows what the reasons are but we need creativity and progress

• Like 1

there will be ups and downs, the moaning about the opening results for me can be taken down to the fact that we had such a stressful pre-season. this will come into, yet the club could manage some of this by avoiding expectations and attempting to get us on side [rather than going quiet].