Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Andy Kellett released

Notts have mutually terminated the contract of midfielder Andy Kellett.

A bit of a wasted signing for Notts, last season he looked good when given short spells and his creativity/direct approach could have been made useful. This is a lot more disappointing than the departure of Will Patching but it does make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

Another player who had the creativity but never got a proper run. Played well against Bury and Macclesfield at home last season. 

Showed flashes of what he was capable of but it didn't work out in the end

• Like 1

I feel he should have been given more of a chance to stamp his ability into the team, but it looks like Neal Ardley is clearing the cutter and sorting out the dressing room.

It's best for both club and player.

• Like 1

this is what i dont get and will never understand, think it shows how bad the recruitment can be.

managers need to sign players who others will see as being good. i think andy kellett is a good player, one notts has not used well but i like others wish him well.

I felt that Andy Kellett would feature more for Notts this season, but the recruitment coming in has made it hard for me to see where he could or would fit into the Notts squad.

Very good player mind.

It's a bit daft as to why the club didn't do it sooner, they could have allowed him to get a return to the Football League. I think Neal Ardley only kept him on based on the fact we seemed quite limited with what transfers we could have got, quite unfair to Andy Kellett.

If Neal Ardley doesn't intend to play Andy Kellett which seemed to be the case, he's best leaving. Kellett can move forward with his career, he's only 25 years old so he has his best years ahead of him.

He showed flashes of promise but never much more than that. Never got a proper run of games for injuries and other reasons, and it showed. So to be honest it's hard to judge him. Good luck to the bloke in the future.

It's always a shame to see a good player go, and although Manchester United didn't play him the fact they signed him considering he could be good enough for them says a lot. This won't knock his career, if anything he will be glad to get some football minutes on the pitch.

I always felt Andy Kellett was underused but his departure doesn't surprise m.

Didn't Neal Ardley prefer Elliott Hewitt over Andy Kellett and others over him out wide?

What can you say? He's not featured, I don't think he did in the pre-season. He had to go regardless of his ability, he was never going to play under the current manager.

I liked Andy Kellett, he looked quality when given a chance. I am a bit annoyed with how Neal Ardley gives some a chance but plays people like Michael Doyle who offers little in most games. I have faith in him, just think its wrong to favour players regardless.