Match Discussion: Game 10 - The U's (A)

PON_News

Game 10 - The U's (A)

Team: Sutton United

Date: 07/09/19

Where: Gander Green Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Supporter+

A game Notts should get something out of. Sutton aren't great. An uninspiring 1-1 draw I reckon. 

I think it will be a very scrappy encounter, unless Notts ensure they make a strong forward movement.

Otherwise, it will just be one of those games where we have to hope the players take whatever changes come, I would be surprised if we hammered them but who knows. Neal Ardley must read the signs in the game and if Sutton panic, go for a win - not to draw. I don't expect anything other than effort, 100% and attempting to win.

If Notts loses, or draws it will lead only to unrest.

The squad needs to give a performance which shows they're progressing and Neal Ardley must encourage this as an exception from. Sutton are a team we should be winning, there's nothing to suggest we can't.

If Notts learned to pass the ball in the oppositions half, using long direct passes at times to pick players out it would cause trouble. I don't get the need to hoof the ball anywhere other than the defence or unless it works.

It's a bad strategy and negative too.

We need to win .. play with at least four at the back and two up front. We need to score first and hold on to goal cause that right now is our down full. I think a few players shouldn’t retain there place but that’s for another time. Away from home not a fantastic record but always room for improvement 

1-0 down already.

Regan Booty sounds to be doing his best, yet players like Enzio Boldewijn etc are off their best. Kristian Dennis has almost just scored, but it's looking quite embarrassing that we are being outplayed by so much. Mitch Rose needs to step it up, he has the quality to make those around him click.

Just frustrating to see us concede so easily.

I think most would take the point, it sounds like we were unlucky in the second half.

Neal Ardley has asked for patience after, however, he needs to start making sure performances are consistent and quit making so many changes before the games. As I say, 1-1 doesn't seem that bad. Most comments have read seem optimistic about the standard of play.