Match Discussion: Game 22 - The Shots (A)

PON_News

Game 22 - The Shots (A)

Team: Aldershot Town

Date: 23/11/19

Where: Recreation Ground

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I quite like Aldershot. Jimmy Sirrel used to play for them (the original club) and they used to have a fridge glued to the roof of their stand. Or was it a washing machine?

I hope we get back to winning ways and get back into the top seven. I'd prefer to see Rose on the bench and Booty in the middle.

I think the performance should be better, result? I think it will be a boring draw.

Both teams should have a decent amount of chances, yet I don't think we will go there all guns blazin'. I am hoping, Neal Ardley sends the team out wanting to prove themselves after the last game against Barrow. I won't be there, I had hoped to be able, but this past week I have felt awful.

Good luck to those that make the trip, there's been a lot of dedication from fans.

Disappointing outcome, it seems the squad is quite out of form at the moment.

2-1 down.

I think, it's clear that certain players need to up their game and performances. Enzio and Rose especially, we need to try to mix things up. I'm starting to feel talk of play-offs has made the squad lose focus. Let's just battle lads!

i am disappointed with the poor form.

but i do think the squad needs more time, they will be adding their own pressure and our expectations had lifted with the good results. i do agree that ardley needs to accept that certain players have not been giving enough. why does he insist on playing out of form players when hes signed so many players this season? i think some would fight more to keep their place in the team.

• Like 1

What a disappointing result, and one that puts the play-offs out of reach for us. I knew this season wouldn't be easy, but had started to warm to the idea of us cementing our place in the top five. Should have known better.

Neal Ardley is entitled to be disappointed with his players if they aren't playing with the desired intensity and the opposition want it more. But there have to be consequences for players who don't perform - and that means making changes. Naming an unchanged team after a 3-0 home defeat sends out the wrong message. Our squad is big enough and good enough for there to be genuine competition, and no-one should be able to rest on their laurels.

Issue right now is the lack of consequence for poor performances.

Even when Notts won previous games, there are known offenders who have failed to give anywhere near 60% and have had to rely on others around them to lift their game. It's a poor result, but I do think we have to accept it. I just want to see Notts perform more consistently when there is pressure on the club.