Sign in to follow this  
TheSkipper

Is Neal Ardley falling into the blame game?

Is Neal Ardley falling into the blame game, or is he too protective of his player?

Ardley has started to sound a manager who is on the ropes with regards to his managerial career, rather than accepting fault and moving on. He seems to be focusing on excuses, example blaming this mysterious side of Notts that want to see the club fail. His recent comments about the Northampton game flatters them, he admits frustrations and actually pin pointed some of the blame [without naming names] but will he start to make changes?

• Like 2

at the moment he just sounds like every other manager.

i feel he might be feeling the pressure, but its himself who has said that it would be disappointing not to make the playoffs. i wonder how many of the players feel we are ready for this? i am more than happy to have a season of mediocre football, i think most just want to see the club giving 100% on the pitch. ardleys biggest fault right now is not addressing the form issue and the negative tactics.

I do think Neal Ardley makes some good points, however, often there's no sign of them being addressed.

He's very protective of his players, I think some managers need to be this way - Ardley isn't a Warnock type character that can bollocks someone in order to get the best out of them. He works within his own limitations, which at the moment much of it does sound like excuses. Truth be said, we have a club, the pre-season was difficult and once again we have a completely new squad.

There will be ups and downs, which I don't think he helps himself with.

However, he's far from being the worst manager. His win rate means little, especially at this stage.

I just feel he needs to accept some of these tough decisions, and then get on with it.

His post match reactions have been less interesting lately, I think he just needs to reflect more on the games afterwards. He might weight things up more if he did, as after the game his emotions will be high.

Compered to the message about looking for a response.....

I don't think Bird will get any more game time at Notts, like Tootle and Fitz. I think Ardley just wants a fresh start.

Who else can he blame but the players. He identified Northampton’s threats in his pre match presser and the players worked on nullifying them during the week. The players failed to carry out the plan AGAIN ....... didn’t start playing until we were chasing the game AGAIN. 

if fans spent as much energy getting behind him and the team as they do criticising he wouldn’t be feeling any pressure and the team might play with confidence from the kick off.

• Like 1

He could hold his hands up, after all he chooses who to start and will no doubt see what most fans have been saying. If he continues to blame others, whilst making the same mistakes it's going to prove costly.