Match Discussion: Game 24 - The Coasters (A)

PON_News

Game 24 - The Coasters (A)

Team: AFC Fylde

Date: 01/14/20

Where: Mill Farm

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I forgot about this game, I'm a little nervous due to Notts mentioning how they want to get a double win over them. I don't think they're a bad side, just we controlled the previous encounter and ultimately took our chances.

I think they'll be harder at home, but our positives in the amazing support we take on the road.

Hoping for a win, but I can see it easily finishing 1-1.

its looking doubtful due to the down pouring of rain.

i do think the game could hinder notts if it dont proceed, with the weekends fixture at meadow lane. continuing the form would be very important. i know people will say, that the players can train more but winning games builds confidence. playing frequently can have a big effect on the team. we did better in december due to how often the games came, it brought the players together.

• 1 month later...

Absolute joke that the game has been postponed yet again, It's awful for those who have gone. A lot I know have attempted to make it twice, so I am in agreement with those who feel the club needs to find some ground and make it up to those - as it shouldn't keep happening.

Only image I have seen where some water has collected, it looks like it wasn't spread out at all.

Our groundsman do well to distribute collected water.

Supporter+

Their pitch is basically a sand pit at this stage. It's dangerous to play on IMO. Either the game should be switched to Meadow Lane or Notts get the points, it's not good enough for Fylde to get away with this again. 

While extreme rainfall can happen and can't really be helped, this is the second last-minute postponement at Fylde. Was it really so hard to see this happening in advance?

Aside from all those wasted trips, it's also a shame for the team - yesterday would have been the chance to show a quick reaction to Saturday's debacle and put it behind us :(

2 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

Was it really so hard to see this happening in advance?

No, not that difficult at all.

Some will say that it happens and, it does but it's costing our fans a lot of money. I know there's talk from some to boycott the next time.

They should really factor in people who travel, not just ours but their own. I know it's the officials that can it, but it would make more sense just to have it over and done with. Keeping people dangling doesn't help.

There wasnt alot of rain here though so im guessing fans werent happy coz some would assume the weather wouldnt of been much different there. Not good for the fans that had already travelled though, it should of been announced earlier.

I have tried to attend both this and the last time, I won't be going to the next arranged fixture.

I'm 14, using what money I have to get to the games.

My parents don't just pay for it, I am expected to contribute to the fuel with those that come with my dad especially if friends take turns driving to away games. Its not just annoying but wasteful, the officials should be the ones contributing to those who are willing to go. It's their fault in my eyes.