Ratings vs Dover

ARLukomski

Slocombe 6 - Collected crosses like General Grievous collects lightsabers  

Brindley 6 - Had his times getting up the line but not much of note

Rawlinson 7 - Dealt with Effiong well and came forward with the ball out of defence

Lacey 8 - Passing to the strikers and midfield in the first half was tremendous. Solid yet again. The guy is taking the mickey 

McCrory 6 - Lost the ball and was ran past on a few occasions but solid enough

Osborne 5 - Still needs to work on his crossing. Should have put more power on his ball to Thomas

Rose 4 - Too many ineffective passes. Was too deep and almost cost us

Doyle 7 - Passing was alright and he got stuck in like he normally does. Was ready for the battle

Boldewijn 6 - Was anonymous for quite a while but oh so close with that free kick

Wootton 6 - Did his best to bring the ball down and into play. Sometimes his first touch was good and sometimes it wasn't

Thomas 6 - Made them runs but needs to score that chance in the second half. He has half the net to aim for

Tyson 6 - Really lively when he came on. Good to see

Dennis 6 - Didn't really get much to be fair. Had a half chance 

Mean of 5.5

Slocombe 6 Tipped over an awkward freekick but in all honesty, rarely troubled

Brindley 5.5 Defensively sound , not much going forward

Rawlinson 6.5 Given Dover's aerial threats, for the first time for a long time, partnership with Lacey gives one confidence of dealing with high balls

Lacey 7.5 A ball carrying centre back, good partnership with Rawlinson

McCrory 6 More confident that Brindley, just linkage down the wings missing

Rose 4 Obligatory caught in possession moment... No forward momentum

Doyle 6.5 always tries to be making himself available to make triangle

Boldewijn 4.5 Scoring higher with his final free kick which he was desperately unlucky. Spent 90 minutes before looking for some magic but rarely got into the game to make the difference

Osborne 6 Pitch didnt help but always looking to be creative

Wootton 6 Target man but well controlled by the Dover central defence

Thomas 5.5 What a chance squandered when one had confidence that he would convert when put through

Subs

Tyson 5.5 OK

Dennis 5.5 difficult chance, couldnt impact the game

Slocombe 6 - He couldn't do much more, I think he did well but was hardly threatened despite Dover having good chances - he was well protected.  

Brindley 5 - No support from Enzio, but he couldn't contribute much more - defensively he was fine.

Rawlinson 7 - He did well, communicating, positional wise and for taking out Dover players before they became a threat.

Lacey 8 - My Man of the Match, he's a very good defender who's capable of playing the ball nicely. 

McCrory 5 - He's a decent player but a little ineffective unless others are more lively.

Osborne 5 - Involved, did alright, he put one decent ball into the box but Thomas couldn't find the space and Wootton wasn't near the penalty area.

Rose 4 - Poor form, possibly bad attitude too. I noticed him being a little verbal with certain players in a stroppy way.

Doyle 6 - He did okay, nothing flash. Defended bravely and did some good stuff going forward.

Boldewijn 4 - It's the same each game, just extremely poor.

Wootton 6 - He did well defending, especially when there was a lot of pressure. We needed him more in the box at times, he did what he could.

Thomas 6 - He needs the ball playing to his feet to score, he looked lively and tried his best.

I'm not rating the subs.

Tyson wants to go, he wants to be playing and I think that's only fair. He's been out of the squad due to injury, I'd like to see if he can do well on the wing.

Dennis looked like he wanted to get involved, connected with a couple of balls but couldn't direct them. He did well.

Slocombe 6 played good enough

Brindley 5 had a few good attacks

Rawlinson 7 delt with attackers well

Lacey 8 solid performance

McCrory 4 didnt really do anything

Osborne 6 made a few good runs his cross to thomas was good just needed another attacker in the box to help

Rose 3 played terrable all he really did was give the ball away

Doyle 7 played well always trying to get the ball back

Boldewijn 4 did nothing but give the ball away untill the free kick where he nearly scored

Wootton 7 played well almost scored a header

Thomas 6 played well but should of scored the 1 on 1 opportunity

There is no point for me to rate the players, I think all of the above is fair and I would only be similar to those.

Best players on the pitch: Wootton, Doyle, Lacey, Rawlinson and Slocombe

Acceptable: Thomas, Osborne and Brindley.

Rest played either below an acceptable level or performed extremely poorly.

Slocombe 6 - No too much to do, but commanded the area well. Nice to have confidence in a keeper.

Brindley 6 - Good first half, average second.

Rawlinson 7 - Solid as we have come to expect 

Lacey 8 - Showing his class every game now. Shame we didn’t have him last season.

McCrory 6 - Steady performance but does have the odd dodgy pass in him.

Osborne 5.5 - Not his best game but gives 100%

Rose 5 - average day at the office.

Doyle 8  - involved in everything.

Boldewijn 1 - for the free kick.

Wootton 6.5 - Signed a new deal, which may result in a dip in form.

Thomas 5 - not showing enough often enough for me.

Tyson 6 - Did well with limited time.

Dennis 6 - never gets a run in the team but alway gives his best.

Slocombe 6 - Reassuring presence at the back, good positioning but little threat.  

Brindley 5 - No real forward thinking, defensively good though.

Rawlinson 8 - Outstanding again, he put himself in the firing line throughout the game.

Lacey 8 - Solid defender, he looks confident and I hope Notts gives him a new deal soon. 

McCrory 5 - Average for me.

Osborne 6 - Not perfect, but he applied himself and did the basics well. He would have benefited from Rose and Enzio if they could have been bothered.

Rose 3 - Empty drive, wasteful and just missing.

Doyle 7 - He did well, looked like one of few players who could have changed the game.

Boldewijn 3 - Little effort, very clumsy and wasteful.

Wootton 5 - No threat up top, worked hard to support others but he was in defence too much. No support for Thomas, just like Stead did.

Thomas 6.5 - He worked hard, committed himself but a lack of quality service.

Tyson 6 - He should be starting, has played on the wing and has more pace to offer.

Dennis 6 - Effort but always limited with what he could do. 

Archived