Coronavirus

The Bird Flu incidents had me worried when my children was younger, that came and went.

I wouldn't overly worry about it.

Italy seems to be the worst in Europe, with France and Spain now seeming to get cases of it. I think it's those with illnesses and low immune system that are at risk. Most should be fine if they don't ignore the symptoms/seek help.

• Like 2

It's been mentioned, but it's not dominant in the US news.

I believe they have a new case but reports are few and far between. Just clean your hands with soapy water or alcohol based hand cleaner and, avoid coaching or sneezing on someone else.

That's how it spreads, no fear if you take the right precautions.

Not too fussed about it to be honest, just reminds me of the swine flu pandemic around 10 years ago. I think there is more danger from panic than the actual virus and I'm just hoping the hysteria has died down before the end of May when I'm due to go on holiday.

• Like 1

I have to say the worst thing is seeing people covering their faces, then them coughing or showing signs of flu. It makes you wonder! Then that leads to you worrying. I haven't got much to be concerned about, I think it's more dangerous for people who need extra care as it is.

Please keep safe if your immune system struggles.

As this is a new thing, I suppose the risk is that it could turn into something worse. And the sooner it is contained, the less likely it is to happen. As it is, it seems comparable to flu, so we just need to be sensible, look after our hygiene and, if we're vulnerable, maybe keep a low profile.

The scariest thing about this now is the escalating panic around it - shutting off whole towns or regions, locking people in their hotel rooms, and now there's even a rising chance that it'll crash the economy. And on the subject of football, in Switzerland all events with more than 1000 people attending have been cancelled, and they've only had one case.

I know one thing for sure. You can’t get hand sanitizer gel for love or money! 
We run a childminding business and was going to put a bottle of gel by the sign in registers etc... just so parents can use it. Christ. You would have thought WW3 was in the offing. Went to a couple of local supermarkets and local warehouse/cash and carry and totally bare empty shelves!