AFC Fylde rearranged x2

Chris

Notts County's CEO Jason Turner has published a statement via the official clubs website.

Chief Executive Jason Turner has released the following statement after the Vanarama National League today granted AFC Fylde’s proposal to rearrange our twice-postponed trip to Mill Farm for next Tuesday (3 March, kick-off 7.45pm) despite our repeated strong objections.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/fylde-rearranged-again-270220/

It's disappointing, as the NL haven't taken into consideration anything but what I deem to be excuses.

Surely, we are the ones at the disadvantage?

I feel for the fans who have travelled to the game, I honestly do believe the officials and AFC Fylde should be fined. The fixture shouldn't even be proceeding at their ground if a third tie ends up being postponed action must be taken. In the Football League, I believe they would have made the club find an alternative venue.

I can see it easily happening again.

• Like 2

Reading between the lines, I think the league will have told them to make sure it doesn't happen again. They can't control the weather but as a club, they could be more prepared.

Taking the cover off the pitch well before the kick off seems risky.

The club could have done their pitch refurbishments sooner, so I would assume they have been warned.

Here are their highlights from Saturday. They have patched up the bit that was causing the most problems, but as you can see, it's not a great playing surface. There's a lot of sand on there. Check out the goal areas. As long as it is dry, it should be OK. That pitch will be like quicksand if it rains though. 

• Like 1