Do you think Notts needs any more reinforcements or, are you happy with the squad now?

The depth is there, I would feel happier knowing we have another winger but since Notts can sign one at any point, I don't think it's a major issue. What are your thoughts?

I’m pretty happy with the signings. The last two summer transfer windows and beyond have been a breath of fresh air compared to some of the crap we’ve endured previously.

As above, winger would be nice, but we’ve got enough players to fill the gap if it became an issue. 
formation wise, I think we’ll be a lot more interesting this season.

That could be the kiss of death right there 😂

A backup winger is clearly missing. An injury to Enzio or Roberts and we start putting square pegs in round holes... Jim O'brien and Rodrigues on the wing would be a guess, or maybe Wes Thomas?

I still worry about the backup positions for CB. Lacey and Rawlinson are solid, but will inevitably be injured / need resting, Graham and Turner don't fill me with the same confidence. 

I can see Jim O'Brien being pushed out wide if needed, however, I would still feel more comfortable with a strong winger who has a lot of speed. I'd be happy to weight for this, as I do feel the squad is strong and some players can be moved around.

Example: Damien McCrory and Dion Kelly-Evans are two possible players to fill in.

So, I'd leave it until a strong candidate is found. At this stage, I wouldn't be certain many good players would be without a club, so it might be worth waiting a little.

That's a bit harsh, DKE trained as a winger and provided he's well supported - he would do well. McCrory for me is also much better going forward. I doubt they'll be required but if pushed, I am confident they could do the job until we had adequate cover.

It seems the majority of Conference clubs are on the verge of crisis or in crisis. Notts are in a very strong position. The current squad is more than capable of winning the league and doing so comfortably. 

I'm happy with the squad, when was the last time we only had 22 players?! 

The fact we haven't signed a winger signals to me we'll be seeing other formations more often than the classic 4-4-2. If we plan to play the 4-1-2-1-2 formation like we have done for the start of pre-season we don't actually need wingers. We could easily play 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 as well. I think we'll be changing it up quite a bit this season...

With the Reedtz brothers at the helm never say never when it comes to another signing though. If an exceptional player becomes available or is spotted (ala Roberts) I think they'd move for them rather than miss out.

• Like 2
On 15/09/2020 at 18:16, menzinho said:

I'm happy with the squad, when was the last time we only had 22 players?! 

I hope come the end of the season, you can say something similar about how many players we have managed to keep in contact. This would be a massive sign of the clubs going in the right direction, both in terms of retaining a settle squad but a manager that knows his squad.

On 15/09/2020 at 18:15, Dripsey3 said:

It seems the majority of Conference clubs are on the verge of crisis or in crisis. Notts are in a very strong position. The current squad is more than capable of winning the league and doing so comfortably. 

Capable of winning the league? Could be. However, 'comfortably' is a bit of a stretch. There's a handful of good teams in this league that will push for that top spot. It's very rare when a team runs away with it.