frank vincent signs for notts

liampie

He looks to be a good signing, although another player who featured for Torquay. 😁🤣

I bet those lot are unhappy with it, but interesting to see he's played for Walsall @sadlad. I'm happy with the signing, left-footed CM's don't grow on trees, it means we can play it to our strengths if the left side has a stronger winger to support him.

Yet he can play across the whole of midfield, including the left of midfield. :D 

Supporter+

I guess he's a defensive midfielder? He hasn't scored a single goal in his senior career! He has experience at this level so that's a bonus. Welcome aboard!

Spoke to a mate earlier who has seen him play a couple of times. Says he's a definite technical player with the cross field pass. Likes to see what's in front of him. Needs to add stronger tackle and goal mouth action to his game.

Sounds like a good signing to me. We've needed a creative spark in there for a while now. Still need a couple more CMs though. A bruiser tackler and break it up person and another strong, fast technical midfielder to offer cover.

I like the fact that we're bringing in (hopefully) good quality, younger players. With Doyle no longer playing and JoB not signed on yet, I'd imagine we're quite a young team apart from keeper?

I won't write him off for not having scored, that can all change with his game and how he fits into our plans. Defensive or not, he seems to tick the boxes and from what I have seen he looks like an ideal option for Notts.

The recruitment age seems to be spot on, plenty of time to improve and remain here for longer [if they do well].

Describes himself as a defensive midfielder and doesn't look to pass it square, which is good. Only 5ft 9in, so isn't going to help out much defending set pieces. Looks like a potentially decent signing, he is young and already has experience of the league. Looks as though he needs to fill out a bit more.

@Fozzy If he places himself well, he could help with defensive duties at least from set pieces. It also depends how high he can jump, some of the smaller players have surprised me with how high they can get up in the air.

It looks like a good signing.

We haven't really got much to go on - he's a youngster who's spent half a season at Torquay and has had a few brief loan spells elsewhere. But our recruitment team have been tracking him for quite some time, so hopefully he'll be a gem. 

I wouldn't worry about the goals thing. Neal Bishop had only scored about a handful of goals in his entire career before he joined us, yet he was regularly in the goals at Notts. If we're as positive next season, he'll get his chances. 

Bounced around on loans, but on social media some fans say he's technically good when he fits in. We will have to see what happens with us, but I would rather see the club look at getting the most out of a young player than signing ones on the way out of the game.

19 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

but I would rather see the club look at getting the most out of a young player than signing ones on the way out of the game.

Spot on mate, for too many years Notts signed journeymen, it is refreshing that we are now looking at the other end of the spectrum. Especially as there is experience in the squad already and we aren't talking teenagers with the new players, they're all in that 22-25 year old bracket.

Archived