Jump to content

Notts face winding up petition in the high court on Monday!


wacky
 Share

Recommended Posts

I heard that it was adjourned because the payment takes 3 days to go through, and despite Trew saying he's paid it, HMRC need to actually see the money in the bank, so once again its our unprofessionalism that's kept this running

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

I heard that it was adjourned because the payment takes 3 days to go through, and despite Trew saying he's paid it, HMRC need to actually see the money in the bank, so once again its our unprofessionalism that's kept this running

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

I see where HRMC are coming from, but in this day and age, all it would take is for a statement from Mr Trew's bank that the transfer had been made. A waste of everyone's time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dripsey3 said:

All it would take is for a statement from Mr Trew's bank that the transfer had been made. A waste of everyone's time.

I'm not so sure, HRMC (along with companies) may experience people cancelling the payment - i.e telling the bank that they did not approve the transfer etc. I'm not suggesting this actually occurs often or would be on the mind of our Chariman (not at all) but from my view point, you cannot risk not having the money in your actual bank account. But, I also know of instances whereby money has been paid into an account, you see it in your balance and the next time you look it's gone. HRMC will play it by procedure, I sure it's due to safety protocols etc.

I would also suggest it's in the persons best interest to follow their procedure, I am 100% sure it's suggested to pay before appearing in court - as they will have made it known that if it isn't there would be delays.

There's no ignoring the fact the bill should have been paid from the moment it was requested.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

@tarquinbeech You mean people spreading rumours?

Should have been paid without delay, no arguments. It would have prevented a whole lot of trouble.

Ray said he was paying it all along, but he was waiting until the bids were forthcoming.......then various people started spreading rumours about us going into Admin......Ray did exactly as he said.............. and paid it before it became an issue.

Some people keep trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.....my electric bill here is due to be paid on the 6th of every 2nd month.....sometimes I leave it until the 5th before I pay it...once I even paid it on the morning of my cut-off date, then when the "crew" came out with the bolt-cutters, I showed them the receipt.....I enjoyed it....sorry!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tarquinbeech said:

Ray said he was paying it all along, but he was waiting until the bids were forthcoming.......then various people started spreading rumours about us going into Admin......Ray did exactly as he said.............. and paid it before it became an issue.

Some people keep trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.....my electric bill here is due to be paid on the 6th of every 2nd month.....sometimes I leave it until the 5th before I pay it...once I even paid it on the morning of my cut-off date, then when the "crew" came out with the bolt-cutters, I showed them the receipt.....I enjoyed it....sorry!

Bang on Tarkers well put as usual 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About PON

Pride of Nottingham

Pride of Nottingham is an independent fansite devoted to Notts County, the world’s oldest professional football club. Created in 2013, it has served as a source of Magpie news, features, match previews, reports, analysis and interviews for more than three years.

Support PON

Enjoy our content? Want to help us grow? Your donation will go a long way towards improving the site!

donate-pon.png

Meet the Team

Chris Chris Administrators
ARLukomski ARLukomski Administrators
super_ram super_ram Global Moderators
DangerousSausage DangerousSausage Global Moderators
Super_Danny_Allsopp Super_Danny_Allsopp Global Moderators

Social Media

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Pride of Nottingham uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. To approve, simply continue using the site or click 'I accept' Terms of Use.