Nile Ranger

ohstanleyaborah

I saw someone mention on twitter that Cooper would want to bring him to notts, he is a free agent and cooper has said there's some very good players that will be free this summer.

This is obviously a rumour but I was interested what people would think of him playing for us?

He obviously has some talent as he has played at the top and recently he's said he wants to turn his career around. Lee Hughes was hardly and angel and look how good he was for us!

Lee Hughes had a very good goalscoring level below the Premier League and applied himself in training and on the pitch. Nile Ranger, on the other hand, has not shown that he has the attitude to be a professional footballer. It's a no from me.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Joe Jones said:

Lee Hughes had a very good goalscoring level below the Premier League and applied himself in training and on the pitch. Nile Ranger, on the other hand, has not shown that he has the attitude to be a professional footballer. It's a no from me.

Totally agree with that it's a no from me , the mess we are in we need to bring players in 100% good characters and not add any who could be questioned on that front ,    before all the player hunting we need the issue of the leadership at the very top resolved ,   none there at the moment .

There are two Nile Rangers. If you check on "good old google" you will  discover the "gangsta" and would not want to touch him with a greasy chip. It is this side of his life that he says he is addressing. Will he/ can he succeed?

But  ... what of Nile Ranger on the pitch? He played for us for the best part of a season. He was not a prolific scorer but he galvanised the team.

He was never booked, never argued with officials, never retaliated after yet another bad tackle from a lesser player. He appeared, on the pitch, to be a model professional. In fact after one off the field event the players rallied round him so that club would not release him.

Mark has worked with him and if convinced that Nile can change his unpalatable off field persona then trust his judgement. You would have a Championship quality player in your squad.

• Like 2

Nile Ranger has promise, if he used his talent then he would be up their in the Championship or even the Premier League.

A lot depends on how things works, however I am inclined to agree that his attitude would get in the way here. On the other hand, he will know Adam Campbell and they both have a reputation of working well together but his record doesn't impress me enough to say it would be a worthy gamble on that a lone. I do believe someone may make a lower tier player out of him, if he can mature and settle.

However, this is unlikely to happen at Notts in my opinion and may only bring further turmoil.

It's a no from me.

It's also a no from me. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't have the attitude to match then you are doing yourself and whichever club you are at a disservice.

Next season we will need a lot of talent on the pitch, but we will also need players that won't bottle it, or just think they have to turn up for their wage!

• Like 1

Never heard of him but you have all put me off my cerals, is he actually this problematic??

He was a hot prospect at Newcastle years ago, but he was arrested for armed robbery, he also had a really bad attitude and failed to turn up to training and was just generally abit of an idiot, but he did have a lot of talent and he has recently said he wants to turn his career around

For success, you need talent, be hard working, but just as important to be mentally strong and to be a winner. The last 2 have been especially missing from Notts this season. 

Football has been littered with young prodigies who eventually failed to make the grade.

Michael Woods, who played for Hartlepool the other week, whom Notts had on loan from Chelsea some years back, looks the type of player we should be identifying

• Like 1

23 hours ago, medievalmickey said:

There are two Nile Rangers. If you check on "good old google" you will  discover the "gangsta" and would not want to touch him with a greasy chip. It is this side of his life that he says he is addressing. Will he/ can he succeed?

But  ... what of Nile Ranger on the pitch? He played for us for the best part of a season. He was not a prolific scorer but he galvanised the team.

He was never booked, never argued with officials, never retaliated after yet another bad tackle from a lesser player. He appeared, on the pitch, to be a model professional. In fact after one off the field event the players rallied round him so that club would not release him.

Mark has worked with him and if convinced that Nile can change his unpalatable off field persona then trust his judgement. You would have a Championship quality player in your squad.

I'll say 'yes' then, thanks MM

• Like 1

he's been done for robbery and he batterd his girlfriend to he has a criminal record longer then toilet paper but he was decent at Newcastle physical strong powerful good aerial at this level he'd be right suited.

1,000x better then stead and mcleod are and and younger I'd take him just for the fact he's a big target man and fairly young despite bein a idiot 

Careful! He may become our number one priorty signing, along with Chad Evans. :huh:

I have my own opinions on Ched Evans but what is having a retrial for is much more serious than Nile ranger, but would people be accepting of him if the verdict was overturned ? A discussion for another day perhaps!

But for Nile Ranger, should he not be afforded the chance to turn his life around ? Would people object if he was actually signed ?

• Like 1

I wouldn't object but I would share concerns. Regardless, I would give him a chance but his history and record means he would have a lot to live up to in order to win me over.

Chad Evans is a different discussion, right now I don't think it's one to be had.

I wouldn't object but I would share concerns. Regardless, I would give him a chance but his history and record means he would have a lot to live up to in order to win me over.

Chad Evans is a different discussion, right now I don't think it's one to be had.

I totally agree with peoples disagreements to Ranger, just offering a different view point as I believe there is potential for a very good footballer

And my point exactly boss

• Like 1

and if he scored us 15-20 goals he'd be the new messiah sorry but everyone makes mistakes Lee Hughes killed someone  there was that goalie like McCormack I belive killed two children in a car accident .

If he does the job gets goals then he's good sorry id rather have a striker who may want to turn his career around then two who's careers have gone and past it 

That said, there are players who are and will be available who will fit our mould exactly.

It's just for Cooper or whoever to talk them into signing but for me, I'd rather see us give someone a chance who hasn't been given one previously - especially of such crimes not befitting a family club. Lee Hughes served his time, he apologised, he's accepted responsibility and even contributed to crash victims (among other charity work).

If Nile Ranger had a better goal score tally, perhaps it would be worth considering but he's probably exactly the type of player we should avoid.

Talented but doesn't apply himself properly.

That said, there are players who are and will be available who will fit our mould exactly.

It's just for Cooper or whoever to talk them into signing but for me, I'd rather see us give someone a chance who hasn't been given one previously - especially of such crimes not befitting a family club. Lee Hughes served his time, he apologised, he's accepted responsibility and even contributed to crash victims (among other charity work).

If Nile Ranger had a better goal score tally, perhaps it would be worth considering but he's probably exactly the type of player we should avoid.

Talented but doesn't apply himself properly.

Well we thought Izale would be the 20-30 goal man, we should have realised from him being stroppy at first that it wasn't going to end well, one of my good friends is a Pompey fan and he said Izale had a good record when he went to them and turned into a lazy donkey, maybe Ranger isn't our 20 goal man but he would be better than Izale if he wants to work

• Like 1