Which retained players would make your team?

Countyman

Which retained players would make your team?

We can assume that the players offered contract will extend their stay, so it will be out of the following players.

Lewis Alessandra
Shaun Brisley
Terry Hawkridge
Elliott Hewitt
Noor Husin
Liam Noble
Jon Stead
Matt Tootle
--
Pierce Bird
Richard Duffy
Ross Fitzsimons
Dan Jones
Michael O'Connor
Branislav Pindroch

Could Matt Tootle make the switch to centre back so that we can inject more pace on to the flanks?

I think only Jones, Brisley and O'Connor are pretty much guaranteed a starting place. Tootle and Hewitt are awesome players, yet they do have areas of their game which we could improve on from. I'd like to see Hewitt in the middle of the park regularly, yet we may end up signing someone else who is a bit more robust in their defending. I wouldn't consider Stead as a regular personally but I hope he comes back stronger.

He's someone other strikers can learn from and aspire to be like.

------

Tootle  ------   Brisley Jones

O'Connor  -------

------                        ------

------        ------

Bit Sparse, but I would hope that every player signed in the summer (Guessing 8) will be better than what we already have. 

New Keeper, Centre Half, Central midfielder, two wingers, two strikers (plus a loan so doesn't count), young left back to rival Jones (but Jones to start the season). He might leave Hewitt as the cover for right back, or bring a young loan in.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Could Matt Tootle make the switch to centre back so that we can inject more pace on to the flanks?

I think only Jones, Brisley and O'Connor are pretty much guaranteed a starting place. Tootle and Hewitt are awesome players, yet they do have areas of their game which we could improve on from. I'd like to see Hewitt in the middle of the park regularly, yet we may end up signing someone else who is a bit more robust in their defending. I wouldn't consider Stead as a regular personally but I hope he comes back stronger.

He's someone other strikers can learn from and aspire to be like.

At 5 ft 9? I doubt it. He's not a CB in a month of Sundays.

It's not like we're Barcelona and can afford to be playing Mascherano at CB. 

5 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

----------- Fitzsimons-------------
---Toots--Brisley--xxx--Jones---
--------Hewitt---O'Connor--------
-xxxx------------------------xxxx--
-------xxxx---------xxxx-----------

6 of them. 

This. Please keep Duffy, Hawks and Aless away from the first team!

If Tootle could be moved to the middle or we get a seriously good young RB then we are sticking with him on the right. (Although I agree more pace would be nice)

3 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

GK Ross Fitzsimons

RB Matt Tootle

CB

CB Shaun Brisley

LB Dan Jones

CM Michael O'Connor

CM Noor Husin

CM 

ST

ST

ST

so need to source half a team, Stead may only operate as an impact sub

This is a good call @Piethagoram.

Stead may be useful as the impact sub type player but really we need to add some strength to the squad.

GK Ross Fitzsimons

RB Matt Tootle

CB Richard Duffy / Pierce Bird

CB Shaun Brisley / Pierce Bird

LB Dan Jones

CM Michael O'Connor

CM Noor Husin

CM Elliot Hewitt

ST

ST Remaye Campbell

ST

Whilst he might make the odd gaff Duffy is a class operator, I've included him as unless we get someone quicker who has the same skill set then we genuinely can't get better imo.

Lets not forget we were the third best defence, I wonder how many goals we conceded Ross would have stopped?

19 hours ago, Fozzy said:

------

Tootle  ------   Brisley Jones

O'Connor  -------

------                        ------

------        ------

Bit Sparse, but I would hope that every player signed in the summer (Guessing 8) will be better than what we already have. 

I would go for something like this myself.

Fitzsimons can be a good option to start with in goal but I would hope for someone a little more experienced. We need two good strikers, Stead is the wrong side of 30 and I can't see him starting every game.