The gaffer gives a update on his future

Magic magpie

He has faults, I can't say otherwise, but he's not the worst manager Notts has had.

His hands have been pretty tied, the thing that gets me the most is how he's too defensive and it's never in a good way. There's no attack, which is a massive issue in a relegation battle. I would also like to see signs of better in-game management, but this could come with time. He needs his own squad, I don't dislike him - I think his personality is okay. I just wished he would surround himself more with the youths and squad (a side from training).

Hes not the best manager but also by far not the worst. The squad needs to play better and its not all Ardleys fault. I would hope he could stay on and build his own team and have better control so they play to their strengths not weaknesses.

It's such a bitter sorrow for Neal Ardley, a manager who seemed to have all the credentials to keep Notts up but ultimately failed to secure the clubs league status. The questions I find myself asking is how much of this is down to boardroom influences and interference?

I would give Ardley a shot at redemption, after all half the mess if not the majority wasn't even his fault.

Neal Ardley is a manager who could fix this if given a chance, Non League experience doesn't matter. I trust that he can offload the dead wood, it's been an issue for years and Kevin Nolan did a great job patching things up.

Allow Ardley to build us the team to push for a League One return.

Forget League Two, think long term! Give him time.