Ricardo Moniz leaves Excelsior Rotterdam

Piethagoram

https://sbvexcelsior.nl/excelsior-beeindigt-samenwerking-met-ricardo-moniz/

Excelsior Rotterdam has decided to terminate the contract with head coach Ricardo Moniz immediately. A nasty decision, but the club believes that something else is needed to turn the tide.

The club has decided to put an end to the collaboration because of the disappointing results and the large backlog of direct promotion. That is why we now want to focus on achieving the play-offs.

We want to thank Ricardo for his passion, drive and commitment.

Boy, do I miss this man talking about football. He didn’t speak about how Notts did well, it always sounded comical when he would say stuff like, “the ball was in the middle, we managed to attack a little bit but defensively, we weren’t as good. But, goals were scored and I think we did well.”

I’d rather listen to one of his rambles.

I would have him back as a coach or a management pair.

Hes the one sacking that I can hold, my hand up and say I called for his head too early.

Most of the last umpteen sackings were deserved and at the right time, but I think Ricardo, with hindsight, deserved more credit and a more stable base rather than Trew and Guy Branston  running the show.

• Like 1