Jump to content

Retained List


Chris
 Share

Recommended Posts

I do wonder if Dion Kelly-Evans and Jim O'Brien are moving on, everyone else has been announced now and I thought after Chicksen we'd get D-KE and JO'B quite quickly after...

I think by the end of a season a player knows if they want to stay at a club or not, so I'm surprised they're still potentially mulling things over and I get the feeling both are quite happy here.

The more days that pass the more sceptical I am about them re-signing...

 

 

Edited by menzinho
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, menzinho said:

I do wonder if Dion Kelly-Evans and Jim O'Brien are moving on, everyone else has been announced now and I thought after Chicksen we'd get D-KE and JO'B quite quickly after...

I think by the end of a season a player knows if they want to stay at a club or not, so I'm surprised they're still potentially mulling things over and I get the feeling both are quite happy here.

The more days that pass the more sceptical I am about them re-signing...

I don’t expect either to sign on now. I would also be surprised if the club didn’t set a ‘deadline’ for all the offers to accept or decline and surely it wouldn’t have been this long?

DKE as right back in a four was fine. Energetic and passionate. As wingback to attack, not so much due to inability to put in consistent crosses.

JoB. A rough season. Came into his own with IB coming in, like a lot of players, but I’m pretty sure the manager would have replacements on his list who are younger and faster and less error prone.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the more interesting things during the interviews has been the obvious keenness to play under IB. Professionals don’t throw out words such as we’ve thrown the shackles off etc… on a regular basis, but I think the lads are obviously much happier now the negative instructions from Ardley have gone. At the end of the day, they want to go out there and perform. They’re entertainers and when the boss is saying this is the shape, it’s all clear to them they can go and do what they do best..end of season showed it works better than the respect the point crap from Ardley.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I suspect DKE will follow either tomorrow or Thursday, great news regarding Jim.

If he does, I hope, for me anyway, it’s as backup. Not as first choice right wingback. Not good enough for that and to go for automatic, we need every position to be full of quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/07/2021 at 18:35, Feral Fox said:

If he does, I hope, for me anyway, it’s as backup. Not as first choice right wingback. Not good enough for that and to go for automatic, we need every position to be full of quality.

Incredibly harsh, this.

DKE did a superb job filling in at left back, playing as a wing back should suite him even more considering he started as a winger at Coventry.

Between him and Richard Brindley, we are quite strong on the right but Brindley seems to be getting eyed up as more of a centre back under Ian Burchnall. Either way, Kelly-Evans provided last season that we have a capable player that can get Notts into those attacking spaces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Incredibly harsh, this.

DKE did a superb job filling in at left back, playing as a wing back should suite him even more considering he started as a winger at Coventry.

Between him and Richard Brindley, we are quite strong on the right but Brindley seems to be getting eyed up as more of a centre back under Ian Burchnall. Either way, Kelly-Evans provided last season that we have a capable player that can get Notts into those attacking spaces.

Disagree. His final ball was terrible last year. He does get into the attacking spaces, but his crosses are non existent or blocked. As a right back, no issue at all. Both him and Brindley are solid and, as you say, DKE, offers cover for both and is committed enough to do any job asked of him.

As the manager has said we won’t be using a flat back four, then imo, he is not enough to be classed as a league winning wingback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About PON

Pride of Nottingham

Pride of Nottingham is an independent fansite devoted to Notts County, the world’s oldest professional football club. Created in 2013, it has served as a source of Magpie news, features, match previews, reports, analysis and interviews for more than three years.

Support PON

Enjoy our content? Want to help us grow? Your donation will go a long way towards improving the site!

donate-pon.png

Meet the Team

Chris Chris Administrators
ARLukomski ARLukomski Administrators
super_ram super_ram Global Moderators
DangerousSausage DangerousSausage Global Moderators
Super_Danny_Allsopp Super_Danny_Allsopp Global Moderators

Social Media

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Pride of Nottingham uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. To approve, simply continue using the site or click 'I accept' Terms of Use.